Workplace Services Officer - Federal Government Contract
About the agency
This leading government agency manages and shapes taxation, superannuation and excise systems that service the funds for Australians. Their work has a direct impact on social and economic policies and in this role, you will contribute to ensuring cohesive and safe Workplace Services. This agency has a great team culture and excellent office locations in both Box hill & Docklands - Melbourne.
About The Role
The mission of the Workplace Services team is to create an environment where people can do their best work. We achieve this through collaboration with various service providers and stakeholders to manage building operations and services across Australia.
In addition, during COVID-19, Workplace Services plays a critical role in ensuring the safe operations of each site, and providing on-site support to ensure effective day to day operations.
The duties of the role
- Undertake a variety of tasks to assist the office in managing its return to work strategy to bring employees back to the Organisation in a safe and effective way, including:
o Support for managing traffic at foyers, at entry, near lifts and stairwells - including directing people on when to enter lifts, wait in the foyer, guidance to take stairs etc.
o Support for managing traffic at other lift hotspots e.g. On floors with large contingent workforce
- Work collaboratively with the Organisations Property and People areas and Return to Work project leads to:
o Identify hotspot areas, work points where physical distancing is impacted by fit out, and develop additional mitigations e.g. Signs, shift changes
o WHS type social distancing monitoring in common areas, supporting staff to understand obligations
o Help to identify opportunities to improve hygiene e.g. cleaning, provide additional support to Business areas such as additional hygiene products
- Other tasks to support a safe and effective return to work strategy as determined
What you will bring to the role:
Our ideal candidate will have exposure to Government processes and policies and take pride in occupational health and safety practices. You will be confident in communicating with a range of Staff members and ensuring social distancing measures are practiced across the organisation.
Your key skills will include:
- Proven experience in customer service.
- Client-focused attitude with a 'can do' attitude.
- Possesses excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to interpret policy and advise staff of best practice relating to guidelines and policy.
- Able to work within a team under a moderate level of supervision.
- Exercises good judgment and seeks out opportunities for process improvement.
- Able to influence and interact with a range of stakeholders in a calm, reasonable, and polite manner
- Understands risks and can assess mitigations
- Able to build and manage relationship and engaging with stakeholders
You MUST be an Australian Citizen with at least a 5 year employment footprint in Australia and eligible to clear a National Police Check
How to apply
To be considered for this exciting opportunity hit 'apply' and submit your CV today!
- Up to AU$31.31 per hour + + Super
- Full Time
- AU$25 - AU$30 per hour
- South Australia
- AU$26 - AU$30 per hour + super
- Full Time
- Batemans Bay
- Up to AU$30 per hour
- Part Time