As one of the Australia's largest providers of human resources solutions, Chandler Macleod has a proven track record of unleashing potential in people and companies. For over 40 years Chandler Macleod's recruitment business has connected leading-edge projects and employers with outstanding business professionals.
Our Federal Government client is seeking to engage a WHS Advisor on a ongoing contract.
As a WHS Adviser you will provide advice and guidance to on matters relating to WHS including researching and interpreting relevant legislation. You will work with the Assistant Director to delivery key initiatives including annual flu vaccinations and Employee Assistance Program services.
WHS Advisers' work under limited supervision. Specific duties include:
- Provide specialist work health and safety services, advice and support on topics ranging in complexity and sensitivity, including research and investigation.
- Contribute to the planning and implementation of work health and safety policies and procedures.
- Review and evaluate work health and safety programs, policies and services, and apply expertise to make recommendations to resolve issues, while ensuring appropriate legislation, policies, procedures, requirements, regulatory practices and services are adhered to.
- Work with work areas needing to complete risk assessment, risk management activities, and assist work areas to implement controls.
- Lead prevention-focused project work and demonstrating completion and review.
- Prepare written communications including briefs, reports and guidelines.
- Build and sustain productive working relationships with internal and external clients, service providers and stakeholders, including participation in consultative forums.
- Develop, coach, and mentor staff as required.
- Contribute to the promotion of a positive safety culture within the Department.
To be considered for this position, you will have demonstrated knowledge and experience in Work Health and Safety and related legislation.
In addition to the key responsibilities listed above, below is a list of key job capabilities:
- Possess highly developed communication skills and have a proven record of developing positive relationships and the ability to influence diverse stakeholder groups and staff.
- Using critical thinking and judgement to identify and engage appropriate resources to ensure compliance with the WHS Act and provide employees with a safe work environment.
- Effectively communicate verbally and in writing to a range of stakeholders, including employees and the Executive.
- Have Sound judgement and problem solving skills.
- Plan workload, set priorities, meet deadlines and manage a complex workload under limited direction.
- Relevant industry qualification and/or commensurate experience.
- Certificate IV WHS or a minimum 3 years' experience in a WHS role.
- To be eligible for employment with the Department of Health applicants must be an Australian citizen at the time an offer of employment is made.
- An applicant's suitability for employment with Health will also be assessed through a variety of pre-employment check processes, such as:
- Satisfactory completion of an Australian Federal Police criminal history check, and where relevant a Working with Children and Vulnerable People Check.
- Completion of a medical declaration and pre-employment medical (where required).
- Providing evidence of qualifications (where required).
If you feel you are a suitable candidate submit your application by hitting "Apply for this job". One of our consultant will reach out. Alternatively, you can call Diksha Saini on 02 6268 9769 or email Diksha.Saini@chandlermacleod.com for further discussion.
- Full Time