As one of the Australia's largest providers of human resources solutions, Chandler Macleod has a proven track record of unleashing potential in people and companies. For over 40 years Chandler Macleod's recruitment business has connected leading-edge projects and employers with outstanding business professionals.
Our client is seeking to engage a Town Planner on a Permanent, Full Time Position.
The Town Planner is responsible for working with the development team and obtaining environmental approvals and monitoring compliance with all laws regulating the business, including regulatory standard commitments by the business and its entities in approved policy documents. Convey various policy interpretation to staff and mentor the adoption of policies in operational activities.
- Preparing planning reports so they meet legislative and regulatory requirements and are an accurate reflection of the best practice policies of the business. Liaise directly with the relevant areas of the Commonwealth, NSW and ACT governments regarding approval of plans and reports:
- Environmental Assessments
- Major Development Plans
- Assist in planning the economic development of business precincts:
- Understand the strategic objectives of the organisation and deliver clear and articulate written communication that is tailored to both the issue and the audience.
- Explore matters of strategic and operational importance in detail Assist in obtaining planning approvals for the property and aviation business/building approvals:
- Written communication includes email and letter correspondence, meeting notes for various planning, environment, and wildlife group meetings, fact sheets and brochures on noise and the environment for general distribution meetings
- Preparation of reports to government and other stakeholders:
- Assess the status of planning and environment projects and drive
- Assist in project managing external consultants:
- Assess the status of planning and environment projects and drive follow-up work as required.
- Establish clear plans and timeframes for planning and environment projects and be able to work effectively to achieve key outcomes by managing risks and change.
- Attend meetings and consultations with government and community groups:
- Build relationships with a network of external stakeholders including contacts in Federal Government; the National Capital Authority; ACT Government; NSW Government; NSW councils; and aviation and environmental industry groups as well as internal contractors and staff.
- Any other adhoc duties as directed by the Senior Management team:
- Be responsive to and anticipate the requirements of Senior Management by managing workload on-hand and prioritising tasks.
- Be willing and able to take responsibility for tasks of the Director - Government Relations and Planning if they are away from the office.
If you feel you are a suitable candidate submit your application by hitting "Apply for this job". One of our consultant will reach out. Alternatively, you can call Fiona Bell on 02 6268 9931 or email Fiona.Bell@chandlermacleod.com for further discussion.