As one of the Australia's largest providers of human resources solutions, Chandler Macleod has a proven track record of unleashing potential in people and companies. For over 40 years Chandler Macleod's recruitment business has connected leading-edge projects and employers with outstanding business professionals.
Our Federal Government client is seeking to engage EL1/EL2 Tax Specialist on a non-ongoing contract.
About the Role:
As a Tax Specialist, in the Client Engagement Group, you will conduct broad legal analysis and research in Australian and International tax law to identify, monitor and address emerging tax risks and tax planning techniques. You'll scrutinise complex structures and transactions and prepare legal positions. You'll engage with offshore investment portfolios, examine foreign holding structures and seek information from other jurisdictions.
In Law Design and Practice, you will lead the development or analysis of policy proposals for changes to legislation, policies and practices. In this role you will champion the simplification of the tax and superannuation laws, to deliver an improved and streamlined client experience. You'll be future-focused and able to analyse the broader impacts of tax law and policy change, leading dynamic teams to engage in complex problem solving and issues managements. You'll develop and manage relationships within the client and across the APS to provide feedback on draft policies and laws, and develop recommendations to achieve a consistent agency position. You may lead one or more teams, building and maintaining a stock of policy advocacy issues, and taking advantage of opportunities to shape the direction of policy and legislation.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- has expert knowledge of the taxation and superannuation legislative and financial environments, particularly in the areas of large public and private groups and multinational enterprises
- has extensive knowledge and experience with tax reconciliations, understanding economic performance, tax and corporate governance and business risk management
- has broad understanding of the structures and tax planning approaches used in large or private businesses
- uses their experience to exercise sound judgment in relation to complex tax disputes, critically analysing the factual matrix and applying the tax laws to achieve principled and fair outcomes
- develops and manages key stakeholder relationships and communicates with influence on complex, technical and sensitive issues, including persuasive and accurate legal advice
- identifies risks and opportunities and willingly shares information with peers to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of compliance and assurance activities.
- Recognised qualifications in accounting, law, public policy, business or commerce-related discipline or five years' experience in audit, tax and law fields are highly desirable for these roles.
If you feel you are a suitable candidate submit your application by hitting "Apply for this job". Alternatively, you can call Fiona Bell on 02 6268 9931 or email Fiona.firstname.lastname@example.org for further discussion.