We are currently seeking qualified Learn to Swim teachers who are motivated, reliable and have a passion for teaching the lifelong skill of swimming.
The Learn to Swim classes will be held at the Coffs Harbour, Sawtell and Woolgoolga pools.
You will deliver professional Learn to Swim programs focusing on developing the participant's level of water safety and swimming ability. Your primary role will be to teach people of all ages and abilities to develop swimming skills, technique and confidence in the water. A prerequisite is to have the ability to work effectively in a team environment and provide excellent customer service. Must have a positive approach and show initiative towards your duties.
- To deliver lessons ensuring adherence to the lesson plans
- Have a passion for helping children learn to swim
- Identify participants' abilities and encourage them to reach their full potential
- Provide explanations and demonstrate swimming techniques
- Correct faults in swimming techniques and identify ways to improve performance
- To be a positive role model, creating a positive and fun environment in which to motivate and encourage children and adults to participate in swimming
- Evaluate sessions and give feedback
- Safeguarding children, health and safety at work
- Enthusiastic and positive attitude towards swimming
- Good communication
- The ability to inspire confidence and motivate swimmers
- The ability to encourage people and put them at ease
- Professional, punctual and well presented
- Current Working with Children Check
- Relevant Austswim or Swim Australia Qualification
- CPR Qualification
Sound like you? Click Apply for this job now, for more information contact Jo Ellerman on 6659 2031 to find out more.