This leading Federal government agency supports Australian's in achieving their goals and helps them to live a better life. Their work has an impact on a significant area in the social sector, and you can contribute to the difference that they make in this role.
First Nations Strategy
The First Nations Strategy is the Agency's public commitment to working alongside First Nations people with disabilities, their families and their communities, to achieve outcomes from the Agency on an equal basis with the broader population.
The Agency has recently started a co-design process to refresh our First Nations Strategy, with the aim to measurably improve outcomes for First Nations people with disability.
About the role:
The Strategic Advisor - First Nations is a specialist level expert advisor position. The role is accountable for providing high-level strategy, policy, technical advice and subject matter expertise to support the Agency with the development and implementation of the First Nations Strategy. The role will be supported by a project team from Strategy branch who will be responsible for developing the Strategy through a co-design approach. You The role will provide advice to develop short, medium, and long-term plans and implement high level operational strategies aimed at supporting First Nations people with disability and achieving the Agency's mission.
The position requires the development and maintenance of constructive and influential relationships with key internal and external stakeholders, to ensure their understanding and collaboration on key issues and changes emerging from the Strategy. This will include the Agency's First Nations Employee Network (FNEN), Reconciliation Action Plan (RAP) Working Group, Closing the Gap Team, Participant First and the Independent Advisory Council.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Provide a First Nations perspective and insights into the development and implementation of the First Nations Strategy, including validating strategic direction, and providing subject matter expertise.
- Guide and advocate for the strategy development and implementation process and findings internally and externally to help drive alignment and build the profile of the work.
- Maintain a strong profile in key internal and external stakeholder networks, building, and maintaining stakeholder confidence and partnerships as well as speaking at stakeholder consultations and events, as required.
- Attend governance sessions with key stakeholders. This includes being a member of the First Nations Advisory Group (FNAG) and providing strategic input into FNAG sessions.
Some Important characteristics required by the APS SES Work Level Standards:
- Provide advice, guidance and coaching to inform the Strategy co-design process, including supporting knowledge-sharing and capability uplift of the Agency.
- Apply a high-level of understanding First Nations cohort-specific requirements and hold a deep understanding of participant needs.
- Accountable to provide technical advice and subject matter expertise to support the Agency with strategy formation to ensure the best outcomes for First Nations people with a disability in Australia.
- Manage senior level relationships across the Agency and with key external stakeholders from the First Nations sector.
- Development of corporate priorities on the management of First Nations people with disability within the Scheme.
- Strategic and timely policy insights and advice to the First Nations Strategy project team, ELT, CEO, and Board.
- Develop strategic connections and productive relationships with key external stakeholders to support engagement and co-design activities.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure a coordinated approach for the development and implementation of a First Nations Strategy.
Job Context and Environment:
- The Strategic Advisor will lead and participate in innovations and development of new practice and thinking in supporting First Nations people with disability.
Judgement and Independence:
- Develop strategic advice on broad range of design, corporate, policy, operational and performance issues in relation to supporting First Nations people with disability.
- Support First Nations Strategy design work.
- Stakeholder engagement with key stakeholders, peak bodies and organisations.
- Experience working in a similar role under Australian rules and regulations
- Strategy and/or policy experience
- First Nations community expertise
- Disability sector expertise
- Senior stakeholder relationship management
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, and proficiency in the use of IT systems including Microsoft Office
- Current Police Check, o ability to obtain one
Desirable skills to have for the role:
- Understanding of current research and emerging trends in support for First Nations people with disability
- In-depth understanding of the Agency partners, providers, and Local Area Coordinators
What you will bring to the role:
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in building relationships both with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to work within and across teams, the ability to adapt quickly to a changing environment
- Ability to manage confidential and sensitive information.
- Ability to prioritise and allocate tasks in an efficient manner while also maintaining high work standards and accuracy.
How to apply:
Chandler Macleod is an equal opportunity employer as part of our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, disability and culturally and linguistics candidates are also encouraged to apply.
Mandatory: Australian Citizenship required to work within Federal Government.
Please click 'APPLY" to upload your details and resume to be considered for this role. You can also send in your resumes directly to Claudia Leiva at email@example.com to be considered for this opportunity.
Applications close 15.00 PM AEST, 7th December 2022
- AU$53 - AU$78 per hour + super
- Melbourne CBD
- AU$65 - AU$72 per hour + + Super
- AU$750 - AU$1000 per day + super
- AU$50 - AU$75 per hour + + Super
- AU$60 - AU$70 per annum + Superannuation
- Full Time
- Full Time
- AU$45 - AU$50 per hour
- Port Lincoln
- AU$25 - AU$35 per hour
- Work from home, 2-3 days a month in office
- Full Time