Founded in 1959, Chandler Macleod Group are one of Australia's largest providers of human resource solutions. Our aim is to unleash the potential of both our employees and clients through connecting them with the Bestfit ™ opportunities across the globe.
One of our clients, a well-known entity in the Western Australian Mining Industry, is seeking the services of an experienced Shotfirer to join the Chandler Macleod Team on their Site.
The main duties of this role include:
- Ensuring compliance with safety standards and practices and conduct safety reviews
- Effectively managing all blast and load activities
- Manage and control explosives in compliance with safety standards and practices
- Keep accurate records of activities in prescribed manner
- Setting and maintaining high housekeeping standards
- Carrying out pre-start checks
You will be rewarded with:
- 2:2 Roster, but 2:1 is also available
- 9.5% Superannuation Contribution on ALL hours worked
- Camp facilities & Meals provided.
- The opportunity to further your experience with a WA mining giant
- A high-performing and friendly work crew
This is a wonderful opportunity to expand on your experience alongside a friendly work crew within a safety conscious work environment.
Successful candidates will have the following experience:
- 2+ years' experience as a shotfirer in open-cut production mining (hard rock preferred)
- WA Shotfirers licence
- WA Dangerous Goods Security Licence
- Current MR Driver's Licence (minimum requirement)
- Working at Heights Ticket
- Proven compliance and commitment to health and safety at all times
- Demonstrated loader experience, a Telehandler ticket and/or Senior first aid would be advantageous
Candidates must also be able to:
- Provide a copy of Shotfirer Licence & Dangerous Goods Security Licence
- Work in a safe and efficient manner
- Pass a Pre-Employment Medical and Drug Screen
- Provide a current National Police Clearance or be willing to obtain one
- Provide a current WA Drivers Licence
A demonstrated, proactive approach towards ensuring the safety of yourself and others is a mandatory requirement for any role with Chandler Macleod. Your ability to set good examples of work ethic and integrity, especially when working alongside others, will be highly regarded.
Diversity and inclusion empowers us to unleash our true potential at Chandler Macleod. Our commitment to inclusion spans across race, gender, age, religion, and identity to ensure that our employees feel comfortable being their authentic-selves at work.
If you feel suitable for this role and are ready to #unleashyourpotential with Chandler Macleod, we encourage you to APPLY TODAY!