Our client AGL energy are on the lookout for experienced Service Designers with strong HCD experience to join them on a contract basis for an initial duration of six months. The incumbent will display behaviours which reflect and actively demonstrate alignment to the AGL Values of: Care in every action, Integrity always, Better together, Deliver your best, Shape tomorrow
We are currently searching for a talented Service Designer to join our growing Service Design Team within Portfolio & Service Design - Business Management, Future Business & Technology. The purpose of this role is to apply, and help colleagues and stakeholders adopt, customer-centric methods to our work to ensure we're solving real human problems with effective and targeted solutions. Specifically, we're looking for human-centered design principles such as design thinking to support the translation from research and insights into delivery.
The role must champion the needs of the customer, challenge existing preconceptions, and yet facilitate diverse stakeholders to achieve outcomes that solve real problems or pursue new opportunities. This means wearing many hats and demonstrating flexibility yet remaining true to the digital vision for the future of AGL's customer experience.
Qualifications, key skills and experience required
- You're a great lover of Design, with the broadest interpretation, and you have 2-4 years in a Design, Customer Experience, Strategy or Human-Centered Designer role.
- You know how to apply human-centred design principles in any sector or context (does not have to be energy sector).
- Experience with conducting customer research activities. Helping the team understand the world through a human lens
- You're a natural at facilitating and know how to hold a room ensuring achieve the desired outcome for your team, stakeholders and customers
- You have a growth mindset and stakeholders and peers alike respect you and listen to you
- You're a natural at bringing people together to connect dots and solve problems, your sphere of influence is wide and effective
- Experience with agile, iterative delivery principles would be beneficial.
- You will be working within skilled teams, so you don't need to have specific technology stack experience, nor do you need to have commercial business analysis experience, although both would be advantageous. Your role is primarily focused on the desirability and customer/employee experience aspects of service design.
- You identify opportunities to remove organisational obstacles or create enablers to support the broader practice of HCD and Service Design. You're passionate about creating human- centric experiences. From value proposition to delivery to scale, you thrive in putting all of the pieces together.
- You easily communicate and bring stakeholders on the journey through story-telling and other HCD methods
- You have excellent interpersonal communication skills combined with strong presentation skills, and you know how to facilitate workshops of diverse stakeholders with diverse needs and yet arrive at an outcome.
- You see the entire system of activity and interdependency, you understand the difference between data and insights, and you're prepared to challenge entrenched thinking in order to arrive at the right problem and appropriate solutions. You're never afraid to ask "Why?"
- You champion and inspire people to think differently and coach them on applying design techniques and approaches to their work
- You help to support colleagues such as product owners in their effort to prioritise work by identifying and quantifying customer and business value.
To submit your CV please click APPLY NOW and follow the prompts.