Chandler Macleod are proud to be recruiting for this large government subsidiary who are about to undergo a major project of innovation and improvement to their infrastructure and network systems. The Senior WHS advisor will be supporting the project under the guidance of the WHS director. This is an operational role and works closely with the Director WHS in provision of WHS monitoring and reporting and will conduct WHS inspections, incident investigations and audits.
- Provide high level expert advice, support and guidance on operational and site-based workplace health, safety and well-being matters.
- Assist the Director WHS with activities such as inspections, auditing and provide support to the Director with implementation of corrective actions.
- Assist in the subsequent implementation of audit recommendations.
- Provide specialist WHS risk management advice, training and support to the project's teams.
- Draft and implement WHS procedures.
- Ensure the WHS incident management system is kept up to date and provide WHS incident management reports to management.
- Provide advice on the implementation of legislative requirements, policy, directives and procedures in relation to WHS.
Candidate must have working rights and a current C class drivers license.
- Diploma in Health and Safety or other relevant qualification.
- Public sector experience.