Our client AGL energy are seeking an experienced Senior Developer with C#,.Net and Azure experience to join a contract role in Melbourne CBD. The incumbent will display behaviours which reflect and actively demonstrate alignment to the AGL Values of: Safe, Sustainable, Inclusive and Focused.
This role will be an initial six months contract in Melbourne CBD with a potential to extend.
Key purpose of this role (and team)
The software developer is responsible for the analysis, design, coding, testing and supporting of software solutions, while contributing to application architecture, continuous integration and deployment activities. They also work closely with the Platform Lead and solution architect to form and define solutions.
The Senior developer is accountable for:
- Design and develop software with activities that include coding, testing, build and deployment scripting, and configuration in all relevant domains and related technologies
- Develop components to support architectural test patterns using best practice and design patterns
- Translate product owner expectations into fully developed functionality that meets the customer requirements
- Develop high quality automated unit tests, integration tests and UI/API tests
- Enable production support capabilities such as logging, monitoring and alerting
- Perform production support activities if needed depending on how the team has chosen to do Dev and Ops activities
- Collaborate, experiment and contribute in an agile software team
- Contribute to system analysis, solution (functional & technical) design and feasibility activities
Qualifications, key skills and experience required
- Proven experience in Web Development using one or more of the following technologies: C#, Microsoft .NET MVC, Java script libraries, and CSS, micro service architecture, Azure function apps
- Experience working Microsoft SQL Server
- Knowledge of full application development lifecycle and Agile methodologies
- Good understanding of design patterns and SOLID principles
- Previous electricity industry experience will be highly regarded
- Working experience with one or more of the following is an added advantage: AngularJS, Azure cloud, RBAC
- Experience working in an agile team utilising the Scrum or Kanban methodologies
- Previous experience working within the scaled agile framework (SAFe) is highly regarded
- Experience with RESTful APIs and microservices patterns
- Good understanding of test driven development, continuous integration, continuous delivery and building high quality solutions
To submit your CVs please click APPLY NOW and follow the prompts.
IT & Digital
IT & Digital