As one of the Australia's largest providers of human resources solutions, Chandler Macleod has a proven track record of unleashing potential in people and companies. For over 40 years Chandler Macleod's recruitment business has connected leading-edge projects and employers with outstanding engineering and technical professionals. Our clients span across a variety of Multi-Billion dollar projects and large Operations.
We are currently seeking an experienced Secretary for a local Government department.
- Dates required: 27 July 2021 and 7 September 2021 (6 week assignment)
- Monday to Friday, full-time hours working between 8am - 5pm with a 1 hour lunch break = 8 hr day
The successful candidate must have the following experience:
- Previous relevant experience working in a secretarial role, preferably within a multi-disciplined environment.
- Word processing skills to an advanced level, particularly in relation to the Microsoft Office suite of products such as Word, Excel, Outlook, Adobe Acrobat Writer, PowerPoint and the ability to use other personal computer applications.
- Well developed organisational and administrative skills, with a proven ability to effectively prioritise tasks to meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, both as a member of a team and autonomously, under minimal supervision.
- Ability to handle political, confidential and sensitive matters with the appropriate level of discretion and confidentiality.
- Ability to exercise initiative and good judgement, as required.
- Good written communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate with a wide range of people and groups to ensure delivery of a high level of customer service.
- Ability to apply good attention to detail to complete tasks to a high level of accuracy.
Possession of, or the ability to acquire, a satisfactory National Police Clearance Certificate (dated within the last twelve months).