As one of the Australia's largest providers of human resource solutions, Chandler Macleod has a proven track record of unleashing potential in our people and our clients. For over fifty years Chandler Macleod has connected leading-edge projects and employers with outstanding talent.
Chandler Macleod are very proud to be supporting Fortescue Metals Group with sourcing multiple Rig Geologists for their Diamond Drilling Team, for sites across the WA Pilbara, with an immediate start for a period of 12 months.
Key accountabilities will include:
- Provide leadership and be a role model for safety behaviours.
- Sample QAQC, geological and textural logging of RC samples.
- Supervision and co-ordination of RC drill rig/s.
- Validation of RC logging.
- Participation in the creation of stratigraphic surfaces based on geological and textural logging, field interpretations.
- Support the senior resource definition geologist in meeting company objectives.
Qualifications and skills required:
- Tertiary qualification in Geology, e.g. Bachelor or Master Degree in Geology, Earth Sciences or a related science field.
- 5+ years experience in diamond core logging/drilling - preferably in Iron Ore
- Strong rig management knowledge
- Understanding of QAQC processes
- Excellent written and verbal communication, leadership and interpersonal skills
- The ability to work with minimal supervision
- Must be eligible to work in Australia
- Class C manual WA driver's license + Current National Police Check
- 4WD Course
- Senior First Aid
You will proactively demonstrate your commitment to safety by using your experience and judgement to ensure you, and your crew, operate in a safe working manner at all times. Your ability to set good examples of work ethic and integrity, together with your positive mindset in dealing with work and people, will be highly regarded.
Successful applicants must be able to demonstrate professionalism, reliability and medical fitness.
We are committed to developing a diverse workforce and we strongly encourage applications from females, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander persons.
If you feel you have the required skills and are looking to join a professional team, please apply online now with an up-to-date resume highlighting your relevant experience.