As one of the Australia's largest providers of human resources solutions, Chandler Macleod has a proven track record of unleashing potential in people and companies. For over 40 years Chandler Macleod's recruitment business has connected leading-edge projects and employers with outstanding business professionals.
Our Federal Government client is seeking to engage in a Range Trials Coordinator (planner/scheduler) - PW for a 10 month assignment with potential extension in Port Wakefield or other locations should it be required.
TASK: Joint Proof and Experimental Unit is seeking support from a Service Provider to provide a Range Trials Planner / Scheduler resource to work with the Range Trails Manager to coordinate the management and ongoing updates to the explosives ordnance trials plan and schedules to ensure that trial activities are planned and the appropriate resources, including personnel, equipment, facilities and stores are available as the schedule requires. Support is required in areas of both forward planning including evaluating trial requirements and sourcing, human resources, maintenance, repair, refurbishment, replacement, internal and external resources and procurement needs. The successful applicant will coordinate and assist with overseeing of specific trial activities, determine and schedule project requirements, schedule activities and coordinate the flow of work and materials to meet delivery expectations of forecasted activities. The position will coordinate shipment and logistics to align with range activities and maintenance of new and existing trial infrastructure. The coordinator will reflect demand changes in our planning systems to ensure high accuracy of forecast needs and ensure accuracy in records keeping, determining schedule of requirements and supervise functionality, safety and efficiency continuity for trials located at Port Wakefield, South Australia. Ideally candidates would have experience and knowledge working within a Defence Explosives Ordnance Testing environment, which would be well regarded but is not essential. The support services may include, but not be limited to:
- Assist with planning and scheduling of trial activities including stakeholder engagement;
- Assist in the development, implementation, analysis and coordination of the trials master schedule;
- Assist with reviews of test requirements;
- Facilitate transmittal of supplier quotes to the capability or procurement team and manage shipment and delivery of local and international orders; serve as key contact for supply enquiries;
- Analyse data and collaborate with Capability & Logistics Manager and Warehouse Manager to determine and apply appropriate ordering, inventory, and replenishment policies;
- Coordinate with Purchasing for supply of identified procurement requirements and tender documentation;
- Support coordination activities or contractor involvement between suppliers, Q-Store, warehouse and the other identified areas;
- Assist with risk analysis and develop risk minimisation strategies appropriate for facilities and / or equipment requirements;
- Support WHS checks to validate facilities or equipment compliance; investigate & reconcile discoveries;
- Assist to conduct Hazard Identification and Analysis to improve the performance of support to JPEU trial and range requirements;
- Assist the Range Trials Manager with reviews of trial activities and reporting;
- Maintain and update objective files throughout the life of an activity, and
- All other duties as assigned.
Have the ability to understand and interpret requirements and design solutions to aid in through life management of Explosive Ordnance and weapons, insensitive munitions and safety templates:
- Experience and knowledge regarding capital works and refurbishment projects, including negotiation with service providers, regulatory authorities, government bodies;
- Experience and knowledge regarding the reporting, planning and implementation of cost-effective and quality trial methodology;
- Experience and knowledge regarding a range of disciplines and services to ensure the functionality, safety and efficiency of scheduled trial Hazard Identification and test requirements is maintained; and
- Experience and knowledge regarding monitoring, maintenance and repair of facilities and equipment, would be advantageous.
The deliverables are to provide, as directed:
- Prepare explosives ordnance testing schedules and forecasts ensuring SMEs such as range operations, range management, the Environment Test Facility, Ammunition Preparation, Workshops, Instruments, Data Acquisition, Logistics and Warehousing and other stakeholders are engaged.
- Be the interface between JPEU key stakeholders and suppliers.
- Maintaining explosive ordnance task instructions.
- Assisting with the creation of hazard analyses and reports.
Creating, identifying, configuring and management of maintenance or service agreements to ensure equipment capability is maintained on time and within budget with contingency strategies planned.
Other relevant information or special requirements:
A suitably qualified Range Trials Co-ordinator is required to undertake this task. The person should have:
- Proven experience working within a Defence or related organisation in a similar role.
- Project Management experience in the flow of activities for sourcing repair, maintenance or replacement of equipment within a Defence environment.
- Project scheduling experience.
- Business Analysis skills to organise and execute related projects that align with the business workflow.
- Knowledge and experience to understand and manage required deliverables and ability to forecast requirements within desirable timelines.
- Ability to work within a team environment with multiple stakeholders, providing required outcomes under limited supervision and the ability to mentor other staff.
What's on Offer?
- Position located in Port Wakefield SA or other locations should it be required.
- Range Trials Coordinator (planner/scheduler) - PW - attractive salary depending on experience
- Temporary contract for 10 months, with possibility to extend
- The candidate is required to physically work all hours
****Applications close by 3pm Thursday 21st July 2022.****
***Mandatory: Australian Citizenship required to work within Federal Government***
If you are interested in the role and you have the right experience for the position, please apply now following the link below.
- AU$90000 - AU$100000 per annum
- Full Time
- Part Time
- Full Time
- AU$30 - AU$35 per hour + Super
- Part Time
- AU$55 - AU$66 per hour + Super
- Box Hill
- Up to AU$53.63 per annum
- Full Time
- Up to AU$58.50 per hour + super
- AU$305 - AU$412 per day + Super