Disability Royal Commission Project Officer
National Disability Government Agency
About the Organisation:
This leading government agency supports those in need and provides tools for Australians to be able to achieve their goals. Their work has an impact on a significant area in the social sector, and you can contribute to the difference that they make in this role. This agency has a great team culture and excellent office locations in Geelong
More about the role:
The Freedom of Information team is responsible for managing and responding to requests received and ensuring that all legislative requirements are met in relevance to investigations into the Royal Commission. As a part of this team you will provide a key role in coordinating requests, liaising with Government agencies and stakeholders, and assisting in important investigations matters.
You will be a key support to senior members and assist in sensitive matters of significant public interest. You will play a team leader role and provide support and management of workflows and priorities. This role will entail significant public contact on complex and difficult issues that will require your strong representation of the Organisation at all times.
Your duties will include:
- Undertaking procedural and administrative functions to support branch objectives, including tracking, monitoring and reporting on stakeholder management interactions and activities.
- Understanding, analysing and interpreting policies, strategies and work plans.
- Providing updates on work outputs, identifying trends and implementing changes to facilitate team objectives against specific outcomes.
- Managing and coordinating project tasks, and providing support on procedures and project objectives.
- Supporting the preparation of formal briefing material.
- Providing support on established technical, operational and administrative activities.
The Key Requirements you will bring to the role:
- Relevant experience or tertiary qualifications in Project Management is highly regarded
- Experience working in the Public Sector or Disability Space is highly regarded
- A strong understanding of Government policy and legislation, especially in regards to Royal Commissions, is important
- Strong written communication and interpersonal skills with confidence to deliver clear advice.
- The ability to work proactively in a fast-paced workplace delivering high-quality content often in short timeframes.
- You need to have strong customer-focussed approaches that work to deliver results of a highly complex nature
- Resilience in a changing environment.
- Demonstrated ability to manage competing priorities while maintaining high work standards.
- Team leader experience is essential
- Passionate about delivering best practice, inclusive and accessible communication.
You MUST be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident and be eligible to clear a national police check to be successful in this role
How to apply:
Hit 'apply' today and submit your CV for consideration. If your experience is aligned to the role and requirements, Call Carly Sherry on 03 8629 1161 upon applying