Are you a Geology professional with a wealth of knowledge and experience, who is seeking a new opportunity to #unleashtheirpotential with a reputable industry leader?
Who are we?
Founded in 1959, Chandler Macleod Group are one of Australia's largest providers of human resource solutions. Our aim is to unleash the potential of both our employees and clients through connecting them with the Bestfit ™ opportunities around the globe.
About the role
We are partnering one of Australia's leading resources companies, to secure the services of an experienced Principal Geologist to be deployed at their South West mining operations, commencing immediately.
The key requirement of the role is for support and expertise in the obtaining of, analysis and interpretation of geological data for the South32 Worsleys Ore Body and Refinery Knowledge project. The position provides direction in the development of various improvement, drilling and sampling programs and development of FTIR models.
This assignment will cover a period of 6 to 12 months, possibly up to 18 months and requires a competent and experience Geologist to hit the ground running.
To be successful in this role, you will require the following technical competencies and soft skills:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Geology or Equivalent
- Proven capability in the use of planning, database, modelling and design tools, specifically MineMax, AcQuire, Vulcan, ArcGIS and a variography equivalent.
- 5+ years relevant geology experience
- Knowledge of the principles of exploration, mining and resource geology in eith Bauxite Mining or similar mining methods
- Knowledge of sampling theory and sampling techniques
- Ability to grasp concepts quickly and leverage the skills and experience of key stakeholders to solve problems.
- Demonstrated written and oral English language proficiency
- Sound report and document writing skills
- High level of analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to stimulate others through depth of knowledge, influence others as idea leaders and building strong network both within the business
A demonstrated, proactive approach towards ensuring the well-being of yourself and others is a mandatory requirement for any role with Chandler Macleod. Your ability to set good examples of work ethic and integrity, especially when working alongside others, will be highly regarded.
Diversity and inclusion empowers us to unleash our true potential at Chandler Macleod. Our commitment to inclusion spans across race, gender, age, religion, and identity to ensure that our employees feel comfortable being their authentic-selves at work.
If you feel suitable for this role and are ready to #unleashyourpotential with Chandler Macleod, we encourage you to APPLY TODAY!
Technical & Engineering
- East Pilbara
Technical & Engineering
- Port Macquarie