As one of the Australia's largest providers of human resources solutions, Chandler Macleod has a proven track record of unleashing potential in people and companies. For over 40 years Chandler Macleod's recruitment business has connected leading-edge projects and employers with outstanding business professionals.
Our Federal Government client is seeking to engage a PMO Specialist on a contract for 6 Months, with potential extensions of 6 months.
Our Client's program is delivering a multi-year, strategic business and digital transformation program. It has implemented a Program Management Office (PMO) to support the program. Our client is seeking the services of an experienced PMO specialist to provide a capability uplift, by establishing and embedding the PMO skills/expertise (PMO practices, processes, templates) required to support the program.
The successful candidate will have demonstrated experience in establishing PMO operations. The role is required to assess current arrangements, identify gaps and opportunities to improve: PMO roles, functions, structure, processes, practices and templates. The successful candidate should expect to use their expertise and experience to provide some direction and guidance on changes, as well as develop and deliver artefacts and changes agreed by the client, as needed for their PMO.
Program/Portfolio management qualifications and experience with government assurance processes including the Department of Finance Gateway Review would be an advantage.
Our Ideal Candidate will have:
- Demonstrated experience in standing up and embedding new, and refining extant Program Management Office (PMO) functions. The response should address the following:
- Managing elements of the PMO processes, including coordination of program and activities such as decision and risk registers.
- Coordinating governance and reporting processes and providing advice and input to enhance the program governance and reporting framework.
- Support to integrated program planning and performance, and financial planning and performance.
- Provide advice and input to enhance governance/reporting framework
- Support strategic planning & performance management
- Qualifications and/or experience with government assurance processes including the Department of Finance Gateway Review. (Desirable)
- Strong organisational, written and verbal communication skills (Desirable)
- Ability to effectively liaise with internal and external stakeholders (Desirable)
- Qualifications and/or experience in Managing Successful Programs (MSP) and Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) methodologies (Desirable)
- The successful candidate will be required to have a Baseline clearance.
If you feel you are a suitable candidate submit your application by hitting "Apply for this job". Alternatively, you can call Susan Nesbitt on 02 6268 9935 or email email@example.com for further discussion.
- Full Time
- Canberra, Australian Capital Territory