Chandler Macleod is the leading provider of temporary contractors to a range of different companies and has partnered with Departments and Agencies for more than 25 years.
At Chandler Macleod our mission is to recruit using the BestFit™ methodology which is tailored to providing the most suitable candidate for every position at every level for every one of our clients.
Chandler Macleod is looking to engage a Personal Assistant for a Part-Time contract that will progress into a permanent part-time role with a well-established Not For Profit Organisation. This role will be based in Crows Nest.
Job Title: Personal Assistant to the Executive Director
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: TBC
Location: Crows Nest, NSW
Pay Rate: $75,000 - $90,000 annually + Super (Pro Rata)
To aid in the administration and smooth running of the business, by providing proactive secretarial and organisational support to the Executive Director. Ensuring, daily that deliverables are met, on time and within budget using a variety of project management, communication & organisational skills and where appropriate to make decisions benefiting the direction of the organisation.
The role is Sydney based and requires co-ordination of activities for the Executive Director, Board and other Committee Members.
- Executive Director
Functional Relationships with:
- The Company's Board and committee's
- Technical/Operational Manager
- Financial Bookkeeper
- Other service providers (marketing, Web administrators)
- Personal Assistance to Executive Director Including:
- Develop knowledge and understanding of the Executive Director's work commitments and priorities
- Apply good judgment in pro-actively assisting the Executive Director to make decisions and undertake required actions
- Use initiative to analyse information received to identify emerging issues, associated risks and potential solutions, initiate corrective action; monitor ongoing status; and facilitate resolution of issues as they are brought to the Executive Directors' attention
- Maintain strong relationships at all levels across the company and with external stakeholders
- Make appropriate decisions on behalf of the Executive Director decisively within relevant protocols and policies, which at times will require dealing with ambiguity
- Pro-actively manage the Executive Director's diary effectively and efficiently in order to allow him to undertake the requirements of his roles
- Ensure all papers and/or briefings required for meetings are provided
- Allow adequate time for review of papers and reading time
- Anticipate demands on the Executive Director's time and proactively manage commitments and diary changes at times without consultation, i.e. display the ability to make judgments
- Manage and organise briefing papers etc for the Executive Director
- Analyse all paperwork received and prioritise; identify what should be delegated and where briefings should be provided, keep the Executive Director informed
- Ensure secure storage and distribution of confidential papers
- Ensure Executive Director's daily mail, including emails are responded to, and forwarded as appropriate, and where required, Executive Director follow up on action items. Read, analyse and monitor incoming correspondence, submissions, and reports to determine their significance and plan appropriate distribution
- Keep the Executive Director and staff informed of all critical reporting times
- Draft correspondence, reports, presentations or other material as required
- Manage office supplies ordering and the registration of office equipment (asset register), and that equipment is well maintained
- Monitor expenditure against budget
- Proactively identify process improvements and suggest solutions.
- Ensure email distribution lists are up to date and accurate
- Manage the office filing system and file and retrieve documents and reference materials
- Attend meetings with Executive Director to provide and receive background information of the business and various projects being worked on
- Record, transcribe and distribute minutes of meetings
- Review operating practices, services and providers with view to reducing costs and implementing improvements where necessary
- Co-ordinate and/or lead project-based work as appropriate
- Organise travel arrangements, meetings, seminars and other administrative requirements of the Executive Director, Board and staff.
- Maintaining company database and contact list.
- Develop, maintain and distribute the Annual Operational Calendar and brief quarterly (rolling 3 months) on activity requirements and expectations
- Assist Executive Director when and where required with conference attendance and presentations.
- Any other reasonable duties required by the Employer from time to time
To be successful in this position, you will need to have experience in the following:
- Excellent and professional written and verbal communication skills
- Good working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite of programmes, in particular Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Adobe Creative Suite
- Display a high standard of customer service and excellent telephone etiquette
- Organised, efficient with great attention to detail
- Good organisation and time management skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to multi-task
- Well presented, personable, people focussed
- Demonstrated ability to work alone and as part of a team
- Willingness to learn, be enthusiastic and possess a good attitude.
- Knowledge of the steel and/or construction industry
- Budget development and management exposure
- Project management exposure
- Flexible time commitments
- Experience in customer service
- Experience with financial software.
If you are interested in the position the please click on the APPLY BELOW button or alternatively you can email your CV to email@example.com
- Full Time
- Sydney CBD
- AU$33 - AU$39 per hour
- Full Time
- Up to AU$42.54 per hour + super
- Full Time
- Full Time
- Brisbane CBD
- Brisbane CBD
- AU$57000 - AU$60000 per annum
- Full Time
- + Super