Our Federal Government Client is currently recruiting a Pacific Labour Mobility Officer for their Darwin location.
- APS6 - Excellent Hourly rate
- 12 month temporary contract with possibility of extension
Key responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Represent the department as an 'on-the ground' presence under the Seasonal Worker Program (SWP)
- Communicating directly with seasonal workers (with limited English language skills) in relation to welfare matters, and engage with Approved Employers to find solutions and prevent issues escalating.
- Contract management duties including responsibility for a caseload of contracts with Approved Employers, processing applications, managing relationships and participating in joint program assurance activities
- Liaising with local communities, councils, and other relevant stakeholders to promote and build an understanding of the program and work through any concerns or issues.
- Linking SWP Approved Employers together to identify joint solutions to shared issues, as well as identify and promulgate best practice
- Take personal responsibility for meeting objectives and progressing work within established timeframes.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate the following capabilities/experience and/or qualifications:
- Demonstrated capacity to work effectively in a range of cultural environments and communicate sensitively and effectively with people of Cultural and Linguistically Diverse
- Demonstrated capacity to manage complex stakeholder relationships
- Demonstrated ability to drive projects and achieve deliverables in line with agreed timelines
- Demonstrated ability to use sound judgement and make decisions within defined policy frameworks
- Strong analytical skills including demonstrated ability to identify emerging issues and trends and develop strategies in response to address them
- Sound written communication skills and experience in maintaining accurate records using information management systems.
- Confidence in public speaking.
Ability to obtain a Baseline clearance
Must be an Australian Citizen
- Northern Territory
- Coffs Harbour
- Part Time
- Carrum Downs, Victoria
- Attractive Salary Package
- Full Time
- Coffs Harbour