Open Arms Counselling and Psychological Services Outreach Program
Passion for making a difference in the lives of Veterans and their families?
Registered and qualified in Psychology or Mental Health?
Excellent planning and coordination skills?
We need you!
- $55-$65 per hour + Super - Full time hours
- January Start 12 Month Contract
- Opportunity based in Melbourne
More about the role:
As a Outreach Program coordinator you will use your qualifications and experience in Psychological support provision to manage and coordinate the Outreach program. In collaboration with your team, you will assist in the facilitation and delivery of high quality clinical outreach services in regional and Greater Melbourne areas.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Collaboratively manage and coordinate the regions Outreach Program through liaison and negotiation with Open Arms management and staff through contribution to the continuous quality improvement of the Open Arms Outreach Program at both region and national levels
- Coordination and participation in the selection, orientation and resourcing of suitably qualified and experienced outreach counsellors in line with Open Arms policy
- Facilitation of the delivery of high quality clinical outreach services for eligible Open Arms clients in rural and outer metropolitan areas in conjunction with other Open Arms staff by
- providing information, debriefing and support, but not clinical supervision, to contracted service providers as appropriate ensuring Open Arms staff with outreach area coordination and/or administrative responsibilities are informed of national and region policy and procedure updates
- Direct provision of high quality clinical services including initial intake, assessment and referral, evidence based counselling, case management and case coordination as required
- Liaising and forming partnerships with other government departments, ex-service organisations, community health and welfare agencies, and all other organisations involved in meeting the identified needs of veteran and defence force communities and families
- Participation in and contribution to ongoing learning and development activities and maintenance of professional status
- Participation in community development and service promotion activities
- Participation in Open Arms program evaluation and research activities, contributing to project management activities that implement strategic directions and quality improvement recommendations, and providing feedback for the ongoing development of clinical policy and procedures
What you will bring to the role:
- Qualifications must be that of a Psychologist, Accredited Mental Health Social Worker.
- Qualified Psychologists must have current registration with the Australian Health Practitioners Registration Agency (AHPRA)
- Mental health accredited Social Workers must be registered with the Australian Association of Social Workers (AASW).
- Working with Children (WWC) and/or Vulnerable People Checks/Clearance held and maintained while employed.
- Proven experience in the psychological field is essential
- Experience managing Psychological services coordination and facilitation is highly regarded
- You MUST be an Australian Citizen and eligible to clear a national police check to be successful in this role
How to apply:
Hit 'apply' and submit your CV today. If you are suitable for the role and would like to hear more call Carly on 03 8629 1161 during business hours
- Brisbane CBD, Queensland
- Full Time
- Rockingham, Western Australia
- AU$55 - AU$65 per hour + super
- Mount Pleasant, Western Australia
- AU$55 - AU$65 per hour + super