As one of the Australia's largest providers of human resources solutions, Chandler Macleod has a proven track record of unleashing potential in people and companies. For over 40 years Chandler Macleod's recruitment business has connected leading-edge projects and employers with outstanding engineering and technical professionals. Our clients span across a variety of Multi-Billion dollar projects and large Operations.
We are currently seeking an Operations Assistant for a short term position until 29/07/2022 located at Albany Depot to start as soon as possible.
The purpose of this position is to provide a broad range of administration support services for a district in accordance with corporate and Regional requirements.
What the role will involve:
Occupational Safety & Health
- Acknowledges and adheres to corporate occupational health and safety policies and procedures in order to ensure personal and group safety.
- Proactively identifies, corrects and reports hazards in accordance with Corporate procedures
- Undertake an Occupational Safety and Health administrative support function as directed by the Operations Manager.
Business, Operations and Customer Support
- Provide general administration support services as directed in accordance with corporate and Regional requirements to contribute to the service delivery function in the district
- Assist in the provision of a correspondence, records and document management function
- Attend to customers and operational enquiries and deliver, or organise for the delivery of services
- Undertake an administrative data entry function for the service delivery teams in the district.
- Working in consultation with the Senior Operations Assistant (LUE) for PDA devices.
- Provide general administration support as directed and in accordance with corporate and Regional requirements (including assisting with coverage during absences for the Senior Operations Assistant role)
Facility & Property Management
- Assist depot staff with fleet management administration (i.e. forms, paperwork, filing, help with inspections & booking services that are decided by line managers)
- Oversee cleaning contract for depot
- Report and follow-up on issues about facility / property / building (i.e. to regional office or direct to Property/Facility Manager) and assist when someone attends site to resolve issue (i.e. information, explain)
- Provide support for regionally managed Shared houses and accommodation and assist with inspections and keys of GROH properties when requested
- Purchase goods, material, plant and services as required and directed utilising E Procurement in accordance with Procurement policies and procedures
- Receipt, or arrange for receipt, of goods, material, plant and services from suppliers.
- Manage Petty cash - reimbursements, reconcile, recoup and standpipe moneys (where appropriate)
- As directed by Operations Manager, assist with administrative processing of purchasing cards transactions and assist them to prepare for financial management meetings (i.e. print report sent by Business Analyst
Key skills and experience:
Qualifications and Experience
- Relevant experience in and demonstrated capability of providing a broad range of administration, business and customer service support in a multi-disciplinary business environment.
- Current WA "C' class drivers licence
- Willingness to attain or already hold High Risk Licence - Forklift Truck [Note: The timing of the requirement will be driven by the implementation of the Stores Optimisation Improvement Project within the region and district]
- Willingness to attain or already hold Construction Card (Blue or White card)
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes
- Knowledge of procurement policies & procedures including payments
- Sound computing skills and the use of programs such as Microsoft, SAP and Service Delivery related suite of computing applications (such as ODSS, WWQMS)
- Awareness of asset operation and customer services in utility environment.
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal and customer relationship skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Possesses well developed organisational and conceptual skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision and accept responsibility for delivering defined business outcomes
- Able to positively participate as a member of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Demonstrates the values and behaviours that contribute to a constructive, high performance culture
- Demonstrates the values and behaviours that contribute to a constructive, high performance culture.
Desirable (Qualifications, experience and competencies that are not essential for appointment).
- Proficiency in eProcurement System
If you are interested in teaming up with Chandler Macleod please Apply Now!
- AU$39 - AU$40 per hour
- AU$39 - AU$40 per hour
- Part Time
- Up to AU$58.5 per hour + Super
- + Super
- Carrum Downs
- AU$55000 - AU$65000 per annum
- Full Time
- Full Time
- St Leonards
- AU$48.24 - AU$72.36 per hour + Super
- Up to AU$53.63 per hour + Super
- Up to AU$585 per day + Super