Chandler Macleod are currently seeking an OHS Advisor for our esteemed client who is leading innovation in their field. This position is a full-time role based in Mildura, Victoria.
The OHS Advisor provides their designated work area with first point of contact advice and support, ensuring compliance and uniformity with legal requirements and organisational policy, procedures and guidelines. The position supports stakeholders to proactively identify, review, and evaluate incidents, investigations, and audits to mitigate risk in collaboration with the OHSE Manager. The position is also required to facilitate information exchange and communication between stakeholders and OHS personnel, to ensure systems and reporting is accurately maintained for evaluation.
Reporting directly to the OHS Manager the successful candidate would be responsible for
- Providing a "first point of call" service for stakeholders regarding all health and safety issues
- Providing advice on all OHS queries
- Guidance on policy and procedures, including emergency response coordination
- Supporting stakeholders to effectively manage hazards and risks associated with work activities
- Reviewing incident investigations, inspections and audits from stakeholders within the portfolios
- Assisting work areas in the implementation and review of OHS policies, procedures and guidelines, ensuring compliance with all OHS legal requirements and a uniform approach across the portfolios
- Facilitate information exchange/sharing of OHS matters between work areas, as well as the OHS Manager
- Monitor and report on OHS performance to stakeholder management and the OHS Manager, and support stakeholder management to analyse and evaluate reports for strategic action
- Deliver a range of targeted local OHS training courses to stakeholders
The successful candidate will have
- A relevant degree or diploma in OHS
- Experience working within an OHS team/environment
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent active listening skills
- Strong relationship management skills; strong team player
- Able to work effectively at all levels in an organization
With a very enticing salary and a unique work environment this position is a very exciting opportunity for the right candidate.
Please apply now or call 03 5825 6000 for more information
- Melbourne CBD
- Full Time