The Chandler Macleod group are searching for a Occupational Therapist on a casual ongoing assignment based in Adelaide CBD.
The client is a not for profit, inclusive organisation that improves the physical, social and emotional wellbeing of people disadvantaged by disability or age by providing information, linkage and referral, training programs, and opportunities for learning and social connection. They support people to be self-directed and exercise choice and control in their lives.
The position of Occupational Therapist, will provide clients with the necessary treatment and/or information in relation to client needs and perform evidence-based assessments whilst working closely with student placements and the Ageing and Disability support services of the client. The position will be involved in community education, expos and contribute to ensuring services are compliant with professional, NDIS and Aged Care standards.
You will undertake clinical OT work and maintain client focus in specialised assessments to a range of clients. You will be conducting assessments in partnership with clients and supporting consumer rights in accordance with the National Disability Insurance Scheme Quality and Safeguards and Aged Care Quality Standards and any other relevant service standards and legislation as appropriate.
You will be working across a diverse caseload assessing skills and capabilities, needs and strengths of individuals. You will provide tailored support to clients, enabling individual goals to be achieved. You will provide clients, carers, families and their networks with information and independent living training, including the use of appropriate equipment, daily living skills, and assistance with adapting their home environment.
You will assist in the development, distribution and evaluation of on-line data bases and marketplace platforms relating to aged care options and disability supports. You will diligently use information technology and systems to enter appropriate information about individuals to enable compilation of written reports and continuity of supports across all service offerings and ensure quality client records are gathered and maintained, and data is collected to assess and monitor the effectiveness and adequacy of services to meet necessary service agreement obligations.
You will support and participate in Continuous Improvement practices to improve internal and external policies, procedures, practices and services. You will contribute to the shared development and learning of policy and procedure to support consistency in service delivery across the clients Foundation.
You will provide training and information regarding independent living and work collaboratively with other service providers, tertiary institutions, community agencies, carers, and volunteer groups.
- 3+ years of experience in clinical practice within aged care or healthcare-related role
- Development of OT billable services
- Experience in delivering community education
- Demonstrated experience in working with a range of clients and client needs
- Previous experience in assessing and working with solution-focused therapy and skills
- Clinical OT abilities and proven experience in exercising sound judgement
- Proven experience in quality systems, management and NDIA accreditation.
- Demonstrated ability to implement culturally appropriate client services and practice with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities, people from Culturally and Linguistically Diverse and LGBTIQA+ communities.
- Knowledge of Aged Care systems, standards funding and services
- Knowledge of quality assurance processes and systems
- Knowledge of aged care and disability sectors including policy reforms
- Knowledge of the NDIS framework, funding and services
- Knowledge of government policies and direction in aged care and disability sectors.
Please note: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted regarding the contract details
If you are interested in the role and you have the right experience for the position, please apply now following the link below.
Chandler Macleod is partnering with candidates and clients alike to unleash their full potential. Successfully working with leading operations throughout Australia, the team at Chandler Macleod is actively sourcing and placing candidates in the right roles using our 'Best Fit Methods'
- AU$80000 - AU$140000 per annum + Plus Super
- Full Time
- AU$55.00 - AU$65.00 per hour
- Part Time
- Sydney, New South Wales
- AU$60000 - AU$70000 per annum + Plus Super