As one of Australia's largest providers of human resources solutions, Chandler Macleod has a proven track record of unleashing potential in people and companies. For over 40 years Chandler Macleod's recruitment business has connected leading- edge projects and employers with outstanding business professionals.
Our client are a leading Health, Safety and Environmental consultancy who have been supporting Australian businesses for nearly a decade.
Currently they are seeking an Occupational Hygiene Technician to join the growing team and provide expert advice to their clients in various areas.
As a member of the Occupational Hygiene team, you will contribute to the profitability and professional reputation of the company by assisting clients with the recognition, evaluation and control of occupational hygiene related hazards in their workplace and environment (for the purposes of protecting employee health and safeguarding the community at large).
Accountabilities include, however are not limited to:
Produce accurate and complete job quotations that meet defined client's need
- Obtain written client approval for job variations
- Submit requests for Invoicing
- Source best price consumables/equipment hire from supplier
- Determine the potential for hazards, exposures to risks in workplace or environmental studies
- Manage projects to ensure work is assigned, delivered and completed
- Support repeat business initiatives and refer new opportunities
- Contribute and develop new ideas for growth
- Proactively contact existing clients
- Provide accurate reporting
- Participate in audits to review and verify quality standards are being met, as required
- Follow industry best practice including international standards where appropriate
The successful candidate will bring strong background in Occupational Hygiene with at least 1-year FIFO industrial/mine site work experience. Experience across the oil and gas, mining, industrial and government sectors in an occupational hygiene role is essential, together with the following:
WA Regs CONTAM Accreditation (e.g. IFAP Surface Ventilation Technician/Officer courses, Noise Officer through NVMS etc)
The successful candidate will demonstrate a strong work ethic, be an analytical thinker, results orientated and possess exemplary communication skills.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a winning team and make a difference to the Health and Safety of the Australian workforce.
- AU$80000 - AU$140000 per annum + Plus Super
- Full Time
- AU$55.00 - AU$65.00 per hour
- AU$400 - AU$425 per day + Superannuation
- Part Time