Are you a Health & Safety professional with a wealth of knowledge and experience, who's seeking a new opportunity to #unleashtheirpotential with a reputable industry leader?
Who are we?
Founded in 1959, Chandler Macleod Group are one of Australia's largest providers of human resource solutions. Our aim is to unleash the potential of both our employees and clients through connecting them with the Bestfit ™ opportunities around the globe.
About the role
We are partnering with a renowned organisation, of whom specialises in Occupational Hygiene within the resources sector, to secure the services of an experienced professional to perform the role of Occupational Hygiene Technician. This assignment will cover a period of 12 months, on a 7:7 roster, working 12-hour shifts.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following duties:
- Delivering the hygiene monitoring program, consistent with the site Health Hygiene Management Plan, which include the use of real-time dust monitors, gas detectors, VOC monitors, noise monitors and urinary monitoring program.
- Support site management team by leading OEL and BEL exceedance investigations.
- Managing health and hygiene data using Cority and Safety Regulation System
- Promoting and providing technical expertise to support the design and implementation of hygiene risk control improvements
- Coordinate with the Health Specialist and support the PPE fit testing programs and health surveillance when required.
If successful, you will be rewarded with:
- 9.5% Superannuation Contribution on ALL hours worked
- The opportunity to further your experience with a well-known organisation in WA
- A high-performing, friendly and inclusive work environment
This is a wonderful opportunity to expand on your previous experience alongside a fabulous and friendly working environment, within a well-known and highly esteemed organisation.
To be successful in this role, you will require the following work experience:
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in a similar role
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently but effectively in a cross-functional team
- Excellent planning and organisation skills.
- Attention to detail and analytical capability.
- Demonstrated high level of computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel
- Experience with Cority (formerly Medgate) and DMIRS Safety Regulation Safety (SRS) would be desirable but not essential
- Experience conducting earplug fit tests using 3M Earfit, and respirator fit tests (both Portacount and/or 3M Qualitative Hood Fit Testing)
Ideal candidates must also hold the following prerequisites:
- Certificate III in Surface Ventilation Technician and DMIRS-approved Noise Officer Course essential.
- Registration as DMIRS Registered Sampler, and Surface Ventilation Officer Course would be desirable.
- W201 Basic Principles of Occupational Hygiene would be desirable.
- Provide a current National Police Clearance or be willing to obtain one
- Provide a current Drivers Licence
A demonstrated, proactive approach towards ensuring the well-being of yourself and others is a mandatory requirement for any role with Chandler Macleod. Your ability to set good examples of work ethic and integrity, especially when working alongside others, will be highly regarded.
Diversity and inclusion empowers us to unleash our true potential at Chandler Macleod. Our commitment to inclusion spans across race, gender, age, religion, and identity to ensure that our employees feel comfortable being their authentic-selves at work.
If you feel suitable for this role and are ready to #unleashyourpotential with Chandler Macleod, we encourage you to APPLY TODAY!
- Australian Capital Territory
- AU$55 - AU$65 per hour