Your new company
Healthy North Coast (operating as North Coast Primary Health Network) is an independent, not-for-profit organisation with a big vision and an even bigger heart. NCPHN are a collection of people who want to make a genuine difference to help our communities achieve better health and, ultimately, live better lives.
An organisation who has recently restructured to reflect our investments in priority areas like mental health and alcohol and other drugs, Aboriginal health, digital health, older persons health and our North Coast health workforce. Primarily funded by the Australian Government, working alongside local health care professionals, social services and hospitals to support communities and address gaps in our local health services.
Your new role
Nurse Educators are responsible for ensuring that Healthy North Coast (HNC) education follows clinical best practice and evidence-based guidelines, are inclusive of local primary health care clinical perspectives and are culturally safe. Nurse educators build strong partnerships with primary care nurses working in general practice and aged care as well as GPs, other primary care clinicians and health managers across the region to support high quality education.
As the Nurse Educator you will lead the development, implementation and evaluation of Healthy North Coast clinical workforce development initiatives; ensuring education is aligned to the strategic goals of the organisation and responsive to the needs of the community and local clinicians.
The position is permanent part-time 8 hours per week with the base location negotiable (Ballina, Lismore, Tweed Heads, Coffs Harbour or Port Macquarie)
What you'll need to succeed
You will be passionate about the health of North Coast Communities; encouraging innovation and new ideas; creating an environment for the development of new approaches and creative solutions and work in genuine partnership with colleagues, stakeholders and community to make a difference to achieve positive change.
You will also possess the following attributes.
- Manages self - actively seeks, reflects and acts on feedback; maintains a high level of personal motivation, shows initiative and acts decisively
- Displays resilience and courage - welcomes new challenges; deals effectively with complex issues in a calm and decisive manner
- Delivers results - drives a culture of achievement, continuous improvement and progresses organisational priorities
- Plans and prioritises - Organises and prioritises own workload and manages peaks and troughs in activity
- Manages reform and change - clarifies the purpose and benefits of continuous improvement and provides leadership in times of uncertainty
- Works collaboratively - builds a culture of respect and understanding; facilitates opportunities to engage and collaborate with external stakeholders to develop joint solutions
- Communicates clearly - Excellent public speaking and facilitation skills
- Qualifications - Registered nurse with post registration or education qualifications in a relevant field and or more than five years' experience providing nursing education
- Primary care - Understanding of integrated care and primary care - general practice or aged care
- Aboriginal Health - Commitment to engaging with Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people, organisations and communities in a culturally safe and respectful manner
- Knowledge of and commitment to work health and safety, cultural safety, equal employment opportunity, and continuous improvement principles
Desirably you will have:
- Post graduate qualification in nurse education
What you'll get in return
- Work in a superb lifestyle location across the Mid North Coast/Far North Coast of New South Wales
- Opportunity to make a positive impact on improving health outcomes for North Coast New South Wales communities
- Work with professionals committed to improving our primary healthcare system.
Registration with Australia Health Practitioners Regulation Agency [APHRA]
Completion of 100-point identification check
Criminal record clearance
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to upload your resume or call Kristy Madaffari on (02) 66592109 for a confidential chat.