As one of the Australia's largest providers of human resources solutions, Chandler Macleod has a proven track record of unleashing potential in people and companies. For over 40 years Chandler Macleod's recruitment business has connected leading-edge projects and employers with outstanding business professionals.
Our Federal Government client is seeking to engage a APS6 Librarian on a contract for 12 months with potential extension.
About the Role:
Regulatory Engagement Branch is responsible for managing stakeholder engagement with international regulators, committees, the government, media and the general public, as well as overseeing regulatory planning, performance reporting and the scheduling relating to the Poisons Standard.
Reporting and Collaboration Services Section (RCSS) is responsible for managing the development and publication of external reports for the Group including the Regulatory Performance Framework KPIs and the Portfolio Budget Statements and Annual Report. The section also supports the Group's interactions with the Minister's office, the media, FOI responses and contributions to any Australian Government collaboration activities. Information Resources and Research Services (IRRS) is a team of RCSS and provides a range of information services to staff in TGA, Department of Health and its portfolio agencies
Duties & Responsibilities:
Specific duties include:
- Evaluation/review and critical appraisal of literature search strategies to support HPRG in the regulation and approval of medicines/medical devices
- Complex literature searches using a range of databases and other online sources
- Managing electronic resources (including digital rights management and licensing, procurement, renewals and troubleshooting etc.)
- End user education and training
- Other duties as directed
Candidates must be able to demonstrate:
- A degree or postgraduate qualification in Librarianship or equivalent qualification acceptable for admission as an Associate to the Australian Library and Information Association (ALIA)
- Experience of and demonstrable ability in complex literature searching
- Commitment to professional development and keeping up to date with current trends in librarianship and information management
- Flexibility and to work collaboratively within a small professional team
- The successful candidate will be required to have a National Police Check
- Experience in providing a range of library and information services in a medical or science library is highly desirable
If you feel you are a suitable candidate submit your application by hitting "Apply for this job". Alternatively, you can call Diksha Saini on 02 6268 9769 or email Diksha.Saini@chandlermacleod.com for further discussion.