As one of the Australia's largest providers of human resources solutions, Chandler Macleod has a proven track record of unleashing potential in people and companies. For over 40 years Chandler Macleod's recruitment business has connected leading-edge projects and employers with outstanding business professionals.
Our client is seeking to engage a Hygienist on a Permanent, Full Time position.
Dental hygienists, dental therapists and oral health therapists exercise autonomous decision making in those areas in which they have been formally educated and trained. They may only practice within a structured professional relationship with a dentist. They must not practice as independent practitioners. They may practice in a range of environments that are not limited to direct supervision.
The primary duty of a hygienist in an orthodontic practice is to assist the Orthodontists conduct patients' treatment plans in an effective and efficient manner. These duties include:
- Taking accurate photographic records and ensuring correct procedures are followed for downloading these medical records.
- Taking accurate dental x-rays including I-Cat scans and instrumentarium panoramic and cephalometric radiographs, ensuring patient safety is paramount.
- Taking of accurate dental impressions for study models, working models and Invisalign.
- Preparing patients for bandings and adjustments.
- Place and fix archwires as instructed by the Orthodontists.
- Select and prepare for placement of orthodontic bands, including placement of bands for appliances, ie quads, RPE's.
- Removal of orthodontic appliances and excess dental cement.
- Instruct patients in the appropriate oral hygiene practices, monitor patients oral hygiene and advise as needed, including the recommendation of oral hygiene aids and medicaments.
- Communicating clearly with all staff and patients.
- Awareness of what is going on around you, having a team approach and helping in other areas when needed.
Extended Hygiene duties:
- Placement and removal of IDB trays at banding appointments.
- Rebonding of brackets.
- Placement of Suresmile wires.
- Training of new staff in policy and procedures.
If you feel you are a suitable candidate submit your application by hitting "Apply for this job". Alternatively, you can call Fiona Bell on 02 6268 9931 or email Fiona.Bell@chandlermacleod.com for further discussion.