As one of Australia's largest providers of human resources solutions, Chandler Macleod has a proven track record of unleashing potential in people and companies. For over 40 years Chandler Macleod's recruitment business has connected leading-edge projects and employers with outstanding business professionals.
Our client, a leading WA mining company is seeking to engage multiple experienced Hydrogeologists (Geologists - Rig) on a 12 month FIFO contract, responsible for ensuring high quality acquisition and analysis of hydrogeological data to support conceptual model development to deliver value to the business. The role provides tremendous development opportunities across a variety of mining hydrogeology projects including both brownfields and greenfields areas for dewatering, managed aquifer recharge and ecohydrological studies.
Reporting to Superintendent Field Hydrogeology, you will be responsible for:
- Technical supervision of hydrogeological drilling (rig supervision) and test pumping programs;
- Geological logging and field data capture;
- Maintenance of daily project summaries;
- Analysis of geological and hydraulic data to support conceptual model development;
- Prepare drilling and test pumping completion reports;
- Installation of hydrological monitoring instrumentation in remote areas;
- Review of production and monitoring bore designs;
- Key point of contact between program designer and execution teams.
Skills & Qualifications
- A tertiary qualification in a Geoscience discipline;
- Postgraduate in Hydrogeology or applied hydrogeological experience is desirable;
- Strong safety culture;
- Work well with others with strong communication and stakeholder engagement skills;
- Good time management and self-organisation;
- Working knowledge of drilling, installation, monitoring, sampling and data capture techniques and equipment;
- Experience working on remote drilling programs
All candidates must be registered through Chandler Macleod, undertake a pre-employment medical and drug & alcohol test and references. If the above sounds like you, please use the 'apply now' button to send through your most up to date CV, with a covering letter outlining your reasons for applying, and we shall be in touch soon.