As one of Australia's largest providers of human resources solutions, Chandler Macleod has a proven track record of unleashing potential in people and companies. For over 40 years Chandler Macleod's recruitment business has connected leading-edge projects and employers with outstanding business professionals.
Our client, a leading WA mining company is seeking to engage multiple experienced Hydrogeologists (Geologists - Rig) on a 12 month FIFO contract, providing support to the environmental team on a range of greenfields projects and drilling campaigns, effective immediately. The central function to this position is to support the overall water management challenges of Fortescue's mine sites. In this role you will be involved in assessing, optimizing and managing the water supply, dewatering and excess water disposal of our mine operations situated in a dynamic and sensitive groundwater environment.
Reporting to the Senior Geologist your key responsibilities will include:
- Technical rig supervision including production, monitoring and injection bore design.
- Hydrogeological logging of drill samples
- Supervision of pump test and earthwork crews on site.
- Undertake filed work (e.g. groundwater sampling, well installations, site reconnaissance, water level measurements, bore census)
- Data interpretation and management including test pump analysis
- Internal and regulatory reporting
- Liaison between mine planning, dewatering teams and other departments on site
Skills & Qualifications
- Relevant applied experience in Hydrogeology
- Bachelor Degree in Environmental Science | Hydrogeology | Geoscience is essential
- Exposure or knowledge of relevant hydrogeological software packages such as ArcGIS, Aqtesolv, log plot etc.
- Familiarity working with drilling, pump testing and other contractors on site.
- Strong data management and manipulation skills
- Effective communication & time management skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to work constructively within a team.
- Strong commitment to safety
All candidates must be registered through Chandler Macleod, undertake a pre-employment medical and drug & alcohol test and provide a National Police Clearance and references. If the above sounds like you, please use the 'apply now' button to send through your most up to date CV, with a covering letter outlining your reasons for applying, and we shall be in touch soon.