Chandler macleod are partnering with a well know mining services company in the recruitment of an HSE Advisor, initially for two fortnight long swings across December & January (excluding Christmas & New Year).This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is immediately available & looking to secure a temporary assignment within a fantastic growing organisation.
Key responsibilities include:
- Assisting with the implementation of a new HSE System, Policies and Procedures
- Lead ICAM investigations (if required)
- Foster a proactive approach to HSE matters on site
- Auditing of internal safety performance and documentation to ensure compliance
- First aid, injury management and return to work for injured employees
- Completion of Fitness for Work testing
- Report to key stakeholders internally and externally and provide strategies for areas of improvement in performance
- Delivery of internal and external Health, Safety and Environment training (if required)
- Will be the sole HSE Advisor on site supporting our operations (rehabilitation of site - includes mobile equipment and maintenance activities). Significant dozer work - pushing and profiling, load and haul and seeding given the time of the year.
The ideal candidate will have:
- OHS related qualifications
- 5 or more years' experience in a similar role
- Professional communication both written and verbal.
- Background in mining, resources or earthmoving operations would be seen as advantageous
- Current Occupational First Aid Qualification desirable.
- Injury management experience or qualification.
- ICAM trained (desirable, not essential)
- Experience with tier 1 companies would be advantageous
You will proactively demonstrate your commitment to safety by using your experience and judgement to ensure you, and your crew, operate in a safe working manner at all times. Your ability to set good examples of work ethic and integrity, together with your positive mindset in dealing with work and people, will be highly regarded.
Diversity and inclusion empowers us to unleash our true potential at Chandler Macleod. Our commitment to inclusion spans across race, gender, age, religion, and identity to ensure that our employees feel comfortable being their authentic-selves at work.
If you feel suitable for this role and are ready to #unleashyourpotential with Chandler Macleod, we encourage you to APPLY TODAY!