Our client AGL Energy are on the lookout for an experienced HSE Advisor to join them on a contract basis. The incumbent will display behaviours which reflect and actively demonstrate alignment to the AGL Values of: Care in every action, Integrity always, Better together, Deliver your best, Shape tomorrow
We are currently searching for a HSE Advisor to join our Capital Works Team based at Loy Yang. The purpose of this role is to support and advise the Capital Works Team in the planning, execution and completion phases of capital works projects/outages and to facilitate the delivery of the works in alignment with AGL HSE Commitments.
The role must champion the needs of the AGL, challenge any existing preconceptions while facilitating the diverse workforce to achieve outcomes that solve real problems and align with AGL's goals.
Qualifications, key skills and experience required
* You're passionate about Work Health and Safety, you value compliance, are risk averse, observant and you have 2+ years' experience in this type of role.
* You possess a sound knowledge of Work Health & Safety (WHS) Legislation codes and standards and the ability to interpret and apply to real world situations.
* You have proven experience in influencing and engaging others around you.
* You have exceptional interpersonal communication skills - both written and verbal- combined with the ability to relate to people at all levels and adapt your approach as required with no bias.
* You have natural people skills and know how to hold a room, you will be required to conduct daily 'Toolbox" Sessions, in these sessions you will provide updates to the Team as well as answer any questions that arise.
* Excellent planning, time management and project management skills, you are comfortable and can deliver to multiple challenging deadlines.
* Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
* You have obtained tertiary qualifications in WHS Management, minimum Certificate IV in Occupational Health & Safety is required.
To submit your CV please click APPLY NOW and follow the prompts.