Our client, a large government department, requires a Group Program Support Officer to join on an initial 12-month contract, with potential for extension. This role will be based in Sydney CBD and pay approx. $60 per hour + Superannuation.
The Group Program Support Officer (GPSO) assists the Group Program Coordinator in the delivery of the group program schedule by managing the administrative and practical coordination of group programs. This involves liaising with internal clinical and community engagement team staff, national communications staff, group program attendees, facilitators and external service providers.
- Clinical service delivery of approved group programs and psycho education workshops
- Liaising and forming partnerships with other government departments, ex-service organisations, community health and welfare agencies
- Participation in and contribution to ongoing learning and development activities and maintenance of professional status
- Participation in community development and service promotion activities
- Participation in program evaluation and research activities, contributing to project management activities that implement strategic directions and quality improvement recommendations
- Defence/Policing experience preferred but not essential
- Qualifications must be that of a psychologist or accredited mental health social worker
- Qualified psychologists must have current registration with the Australian Health Practitioners Registration Agency (AHPRA)
- Mental health accredited social workers must be registered with the Australian Association of Social Workers (AASW)
- Both psychologists and mental health social workers must have extensive clinical and relevant management experience
- Preference is for mental health professionals including Clinical Psychologists, Psychologists, Mental Health Social Workers or Mental Health Occupational Therapists
- Working with Children (WWCC) and/or Vulnerable People Checks/Clearance
- Current driver licence
- Preparedness to travel to regional areas and stay overnight as required
Please note this is a Federal Government position, which requires the successful candidate to undergo Pre-Employment checks and hold Australian Citizenship.
If you are interested in this position and feel you meet the criteria, please submit your resume by clicking on the 'APPLY' button below.
- AU$28 - AU$38.15 per hour + super
- Full Time
- Up to AU$61 per hour
- Darwin, Northern Territory
- Muswellbrook, New South Wales
- Full Time