As one of the Australia's largest providers of human resources solutions, Chandler Macleod has a proven track record of unleashing potential in people and companies. For over 40 years Chandler Macleod's recruitment business has connected leading-edge projects and employers with outstanding business professionals.
Our Federal Government client is seeking to engage a Geoscientists Contractors on an Initial contract until June 2021 with 2 Years Extension.
To support our upcoming work program for Exploring for the Future, we require a geoscientists to aid the team in data compilation, manipulation and interpretation of geological and geochemical data.
- Read, extract and summarise key geology and geochemistry information from reports and publications;
- Compile and QAQC geological and geochemical data, with capability to adapt to different formats and data structures;
- Develop working relationships with the team and collaborating parts of client;
- Be responsible for developing a central GIS for aiding field planning as well as interpretation of compiled data;
- Aid the team in general activities to progress the project. These may include; preparing samples for analysis, reviewing and editing documents, meetings, stakeholder communication;
- There may be opportunities to support the work program through contributing to fieldwork as part of a team in remote areas. If required, appropriate training will be provided.
- Writing scientific documents and reports; and,
- Be prepared to work independently and efficiently, and to seek advice from colleagues where necessary.
Period for the Agency's rejection of goods: 2 months
Skills and Experience:
A minimum requirement for a degree in geology, geochemistry, or suitably equivalent tertiary qualification. A background in geochemistry is preferred but not essential. In addition the contractors should have:
- Demonstrated experience conducting literature reviews;
- A commitment to data quality and management;
- Experience in SQL or Python coding will be looked on favourably; and,
- Have skills and success in working collaboratively in teams, yet also an ability to be self-driven and work under minimal supervision or guidance.
If you feel you are a suitable candidate submit your application by hitting "Apply for this job". Alternatively you can call Soham Dingare on 02 6268 9915 or email email@example.com for further discussion.
IT & Digital
- AU$500 - AU$900 per day + Superannuation