- Care for established lawns by mulching, aerating, weeding, grubbing and removing thatch, and trimming and edging around flower beds, walks, and walls.
- Care for natural and artificial turf fields
- Mow and edge lawns, using power mowers and edgers.
- Mix and spray or spread fertilizers, herbicides, or insecticides onto grass, shrubs, and trees, using hand or automatic sprayers or spreaders
- Provide proper upkeep of sidewalks, driveways, parking lots, fountains, planters, burial sites, and other grounds features.
- Rake, mulch, and compost leaves.
- Prune and trim trees, shrubs, and hedges, using shears, pruners, or chain saws.
- Maintain irrigation systems
- Use irrigation methods to adjust the amount of water consumption and to prevent waste.
- Use hand tools such as shovels, rakes, pruning saws, saws, hedge and brush trimmers, and axes.
- Safe operation and maintenance of powered equipment such as mowers, tractors, twin-axle vehicles, snow blowers, chain-saws, electric clippers, sod cutters, and pruning saws.
- Gather and remove litter
- Plant seeds, bulbs, foliage, flowering plants, grass, ground covers, trees, and shrubs, and apply mulch for protection, using gardening tools.
- Remove vegetation hazards
- Advise on plant selection and care
- Install rock gardens, ponds, decks, drainage systems, irrigation systems and/or equipment as required.
- Assist in un-packing and correct store of delivered gardening materials or items into designated Storage areas
Safety, Health & Environment
- Demonstrate visible safety leadership to promote a culture of zero harm through appropriate time in the field and endorsement of the quality of Take 5 and JHA's.
- Demonstrate effective management of safety incidents by ensuring that incidents and hazards are identified, reported, investigated and managed.
- Complete monthly Field Leadership activities as per KPI's.
- Relevant Horticultural qualification/trade
- HR License
- C Class Driver's License
- Working at Heights
- Elevated Work Platform
- Chainsaw Qualifications
- Excellent knowledge of Horticultural Processes
- Knowledge of Arboriculture Vegetation
- Operation of Gardening equipment such as, but not limited to: whipper snippers, hedge trimmers,
- Extensive experience in landscaping and gardening maintenance activities
- Experience in reticulation inspection, fault identification and fault rectification
Trades & Labour
- New South Wales
- AU$25 - AU$26 per hour
- Full Time