Are you an experienced Gardener seeking a new opportunity to #unleashyourpotential in the WA Mining Industry?
Founded in 1959, Chandler Macleod Group are one of Australia's largest providers of human resource solutions. Our aim is to unleash the potential of both our employees and clients through connecting them with the Bestfit ™ opportunities across the globe.
One of our clients, a well-known entity in the Western Australian Mining Industry, is seeking the services of an experienced Landscaper/Gardener to join the Chandler Macleod Team on their Port Hedland Sites.
- An overriding commitment to health, safety, environment responsibility and sustainable development.
- Work management functions, time confirmations, attaching documents/photos/scope sheets/workplace inspections etc.
- Care for established lawns by mulching, aerating, weeding, grubbing and removing thatch, and trimming and edging around flower beds, walks, and walls.
- Care for natural and artificial turf fields
- Mow and edge lawns, using power mowers and edger's.
- Mix and spray or spread fertilizers, herbicides, or insecticides onto grass, shrubs, and trees, using hand or automatic sprayers or spreaders
- Provide proper upkeep of sidewalks, driveways, parking lots, fountains, planters, burial sites, and other grounds features.
- Rake, mulch, and compost leaves.
- Prune and trim trees, shrubs, and hedges, using shears, pruners, or chain saws.
- Maintain irrigation systems
- Use irrigation methods to adjust the amount of water consumption and to prevent waste.
- Use hand tools such as shovels, rakes, pruning saws, saws, hedge and brush trimmers, and axes.
- Safe operation and maintenance of powered equipment such as mowers, tractors, twin-axle vehicles, snow blowers, chainsaws, electric clippers, sod cutters, and pruning saws.
- Gather and remove litter
- Plant seeds, bulbs, foliage, flowering plants, grass, ground covers, trees, and shrubs, and apply mulch for protection, using gardening tools.
- Remove vegetation hazards
- Ensure compliance to the process for work execution and capture related transactional data into the system.
- Mandatory C Class Drivers Licence
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to collaborate with multiple stakeholders.
- Experience using 1SAP/Fiori.
- Proven ability to work in a team environment and autonomously as the need requires.
- Site experience or able to be adaptable to different work areas and expectations
- Desirable qualifications include; working at heights, EWP, HR, SME (forklift).
- Ideally a relevant horticultural qualification/trade and/or excellent knowledge of horticultural processes.
- Reticulation experience
You will be rewarded with:
- Even Time Roster, Day shift only
- 12 hour shifts
- 9.5% Superannuation Contribution on ALL hours worked
- The opportunity to further your experience with a WA mining giant
- A high-performing and friendly work crew
Candidates must also be able to:
- Work in a safe and efficient manner
- Pass a Pre-Employment Medical and Drug Screen
- Be willing to obtain and have the ability to pass an MSIC application
- Provide a current Australian C Class Drivers Licence
A demonstrated, proactive approach towards ensuring the safety of yourself and others is a mandatory requirement for any role with Chandler Macleod. Your ability to set good examples of work ethic and integrity, especially when working alongside others, will be highly regarded.
Diversity and inclusion empowers us to unleash our true potential at Chandler Macleod. Our commitment to inclusion spans across race, gender, age, religion, and identity to ensure that our employees feel comfortable being their authentic-selves at work.
If you feel suitable for this role and are ready to #unleashyourpotential with Chandler Macleod, we encourage you to APPLY TODAY!
Trades & Labour
- Full Time
Trades & Labour