Chandler Macleod is the leading provider of temporary contractors to the Federal, NSW and local Government and has partnered with these Departments and Agencies for more than 25 years.
At Chandler Macleod our mission is to recruit using the BestFit™ methodology which is tailored to providing the most suitable candidate for every position at every level for every Government Department and Agency.
Chandler Macleod is currently recruiting for an experienced Freedom of Information (FOI) Action Officer to join a leading Federal Government agency. This is a September start with a contract term of 12 months.
Job Title: APS5 Freedom of Information (FOI) Action Officer
Start Date: 12/09/2021
End Date: 11/09/2023
Pay Rate: $53.63 per hour + Super
Location: Surry Hills, NSW or Wollongong, NSW
The APS5 FOI Action Officer (Labour Hire) will, under limited direction, assist the team in the coordination of Freedom of Information (FOI) requests made to the Agency and will ensure the Agency meets its legal obligations in relation to the Freedom of Information Act 1982 (Cth) [FOI Act].
The role will assist the team with Participant Information Access (PIA) requests made to the Agency and contribute to the development of the Agency's information handling requirements.
The APS5 FOI Action Officer (Labour Hire) will provide quality assurance checks, training, advice and guidance to the team on an ongoing basis and as required, as well as operational and administrative support that is informed and directed by sound knowledge in areas. They may undertake some research and analysis activities.
The role will have a considerable level of contact with internal and external stakeholders and will be required to communicate and provide advice on a range of matters to resolve moderately complex enquiries.
In this position you will be expected to:
- Undertaking procedures to assist a FOI Decision Maker to create, process and make FOI decisions, including complex and sensitive FOI decisions, and ensuring all matters and recorded and closed correctly on all databases in accordance with the FOI Act.
- Preparing and drafting a range of material including data reports, briefing material and correspondence, internal and external correspondence and formal decision letters.
- Providing quality assurance support, guidance and training to the FOI and/or PIA team.
- Providing administrative and project support to develop systems, processes and practical tools including training to support FOI and PIA handling and awareness.
- Undertaking procedures to assist a PIA Decision Maker to create, process, make and close PIAs and ensuring all matters are recorded and closed correctly on all databases where required.
- Assisting in preparing statistical reports for senior staff where required.
To succeed in this role, you will be a team player, highly organised and motivated with a demonstrated ability to work flexibly and to tight deadlines. Further to this, to be considered for the role you will also need:
- Knowledge of computer/software applications - Microsoft Office computer based work
- The ability to access and use client records management system (CRM) and associated business applications
Please note that to be eligible for this position you must be an Australian Citizen and if successful will need to undergo x2 reference checks and a hold a current Baseline clearance or be willing to obtain one,
If you are interested in the position the please click on the APPLY BELOW button or alternatively you can email your CV to email@example.com
- Adelaide CBD
- Up to AU$53.63 per hour + super
- Up to AU$42.54 per hour + + Super
- Sydney CBD
- AU$28 - AU$33 per hour
- Full Time
- Up to AU$54.71 per hour + Super
- Up to AU$36.27 per hour + + Super
- AU$49 - AU$54 per hour + Super
- AU$60 - AU$65 per hour + + Super
- Melbourne CBD
- AU$102637 - AU$124183 per annum
- Full Time