Our client, a large Federal department, requires an EL1 Senior Lawyer to join their team in February on an initial 6-month contract, with possible extension. This role will be based in Pyrmont and pay $600-825 per day + Superannuation.
Sitting within The Legal, Regulatory and Compliance section, this is an opportunity for an experienced and self-motivated Senior Lawyer to play a critical role by providing a broad range of support and advice.
- Produce high level briefs, responses to government and other reports on a broad range of new and emerging online safety initiatives
- Apply expertise in compliance with legislation and relevant policy frameworks including the development of policies, best practice procedures/guidelines and other material
- Interpret and apply legislation and regulatory frameworks
- Provide legal advice or information in areas including administrative law, privacy law, intellectual property and contract law, freedom of information and criminal law matters
- Undertake external environment analysis and scanning and provide advice on regulatory policy design and development
- Apply critical thinking and research analysis
- Advise on highly complex or sensitive complaints where necessary
- Engage and collaborate with representatives from key internal and external stakeholder groups in an informed, strategic and persuasive manner to build relationships, raise awareness while managing expectations and sensitivities
- Proven expert knowledge and experience in interpreting and applying relevant legislation and regulatory frameworks to highly complex and specialised matters requiring consultation and advice
- Ability to structure expert advice and communications to ensure clarity of complex and specialised matters with relevant stakeholders
- Aptitude to analyse and assess the policy agenda from multiple perspectives to provide expert advice on policy and complex problem solving
- A strong understanding of online safety issues and the relevant state and federal regulatory environments such as technology facilitated abuse and image-based abuse
- Ability to undertake objective, systematic analysis and draw accurate conclusions based on evidence
- Ability to monitor the context in which the organisation operates, research, advice and implement best practice approaches
The ideal candidate will have strong public policy and regulatory skills, experience with online safety issues and legal experience.
Please note this is a Federal Government position, which requires the successful candidate to undergo Pre-Employment checks and hold Australian Citizenship.
If you are interested in this position and feel you meet the criteria, please submit your resume by clicking on the 'APPLY' button below.
- Competitive Hourly Rate
- AU$50 - AU$55 per hour + Super (9.5%)
- Full Time
- Surry Hills, New South Wales
- Up to AU$45 per hour + Superannuation
- Full Time
- Up to AU$51.5 per hour + Super (9.5%)