Chandler Macleod is an equal opportunity employer as part of our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people living with disability, and culturally and linguistic diverse candidates are always encouraged to apply.
***Mandatory: Australian Citizenship required to work within Federal Government***
Our Federal Government client is seeking to engage a CSOF3 Facilities Officer
for a 11-month assignment with potential extension in Adelaide CBD.
- Trade Certificate or previous experience in Facilities
- The ability to use software including Corrigo, SAP, BMS, Security and Maintenance Management software or similar applications.
The Agency is Australia's premier research body, delivering innovative science for the benefit of Australians. The Agency has a complex property portfolio of owned and leased facilities that comprises over 1,000 buildings spread across 59 locations within Australia and in three countries overseas. These facilities are diverse in ownership, type of property, age, and condition. The property portfolio is managed by Agency's Business and Infrastructure Services unit (CBIS) which has offices in each state.
The CBIS Facilities Officer monitors and coordinates programmed, reactive and project works performed by contractors and consultants to ensure their delivery is in accordance with specifications and contract conditions and complies with Service Level Agreements with Business Units. This requires the incumbent to maintain good knowledge of site facilities and infrastructure and actively monitor the status of work using CSIRO Maintenance and Project Management systems.
The Facilities Officer assists with documentation of site assets and monitoring of their condition as part of strategic asset management and planning. The role also provides support for other team members by assisting with operational activities including provision of visitor and contractor access and performing administrative tasks. The CBIS Officer - Facilities will be required to work at other sites within the SANTI region as directed, and to participate in an afterhours on call roster.
The successful candidate will be asked to obtain and provide evidence of a National Police Clearance or equivalent. Please note that individuals with criminal records are not automatically deemed ineligible. Each application will be considered on its merits.
The successful candidate must be able and willing to participate in an after-hours 'on call' roster as well as emergency response requirements for the sites in the respective area.
Duties and Key Result Areas
This role includes tasks related to Facilities Management, Administration and Project Delivery. It will require well developed stakeholder engagement and writing skills, and the ability to work well in a team setting.
Duties will include:
- Work collaboratively as part of a multi-disciplinary, regionally dispersed team to carry out tasks in support of CSIRO scientific objectives.
- Liaison with clients to provide timely responsive customer service, effective communications to achieve a high level of client satisfaction, addressing issues promptly and constructively and using sound judgement when dealing with ambiguity.
- Communicate openly, effectively, and respectfully with all staff, clients, suppliers, and stakeholders to maintain positive, functional collaborative relationships which enhance CSIRO's reputation and team performance.
- Supervise on-site delivery of works related to facilities management including repairs, maintenance, new installations, and provision of soft services (including cleaning, security, grounds maintenance and waste management) using the CBIS works order management system. Co- ordinate and monitor works at all stages through to completion to achieve a high standard of service and as specified in contract documents.
- Assist with the coordination and delivery of minor works and other
- Operate security and access systems to maintain effective site security and oversee provision of security and access-control cards for staff, contractors, and tenants in compliance with privacy
- Maintain a good working knowledge of site buildings, grounds and infrastructure, their condition, suitability for purpose, maintenance, repair, and compliance requirements.
- Collect and maintain accurate information about assets including buildings, plant and infrastructure and assist with documentation in SAMS.
- Participate in the Facilities Condition Audit Program and reviews of site or region facilities and
- Work with HSE advisors and other stakeholders to implement safety, security, amenity, and aesthetic improvements to site facilities.
- Perform tasks related to visitor management, site security, fleet vehicle support and assist CBIS site administrative staff.
- Use IT systems including Work Order Management, Access Control, MS Office, and standalone platforms such as Risk/Hazard reporting software.
- Monitor compliance with:
- Legislative and other governing authority
- CSIRO procedures including Finance, Procurement, Health Safety & Environment (HSE) and privacy, including when processing contractor security clearances, inductions, and similar activities. This will involve access to personal and commercially sensitive information.
- Participate in an after-hours 'on call' roster and emergency response requirements for the sites in the SANTI region.
- Adhere to the spirit and practice of CSIRO's Code of Conduct, Health, Safety and Environment plans and policies, Diversity initiatives and Zero Harm goals.
- Other duties as directed.
Under the Agency policy only those who meet all essential criteria can be appointed.
- Relevant work experience in the delivery of facility management services, for a diverse range of complex and highly serviced research and support facilities.
- Effective interpersonal abilities, including sound negotiation and communication skills and an ability to cultivate productive working relationships with all stakeholders.
- The ability to work efficiently with a diverse operational team of property professionals across several
- Demonstrated ability to work under general direction, accept responsibility and take accountability for on-site service provision, including the coordination of trade and other services contractors to ensure delivery of hard and soft services.
- Demonstrated knowledge/experience and appreciation of relevant procedures/protocols, compliance and statutory requirements associated with Federal, State and Local Government building and services codes, regulations and HSE requirements.
- Proficient in the use of IT hardware including Computers, tablets, and mobile phones and in the use of software including operating systems, web based and productivity applications (including email, calendar, word processing and spreadsheet).
- Current motor vehicle license, and ability to travel, including interstate.
What's on Offer?
- Position located in Adelaide
- CSOF3 $45.00 to $55.00/ph + super depending on experience
- Temporary contract for 11 months, with possibility to extend
- 5 hours per week
****Applications close by 10am Tuesday 6th of November 2022.****
If you are interested in the role and you have the right experience for the position, please apply now following the link below. CM123
- Brisbane CBD
- AU$40 - AU$44.49 per hour + Super
- Brisbane CBD
- Full Time
- Full Time
- AU$35 - AU$36.27 per hour + Superannuation
- AU$36 - AU$36.27 per hour + Superannuation
- Full Time
- Up to AU$42.54 per hour + super
- Up to AU$36.27 per hour + Super
- Up to AU$36 per hour
- Up to AU$42.54 per hour + super