As one of the Australia's largest providers of human resources solutions, Chandler Macleod has a proven track record of unleashing potential in people and companies. For over 40 years Chandler Macleod's recruitment business has connected leading-edge projects and employers with outstanding business professionals.
Our Federal Government client is seeking to engage a Counsellor on a contract until for 12 months, with potential extension based in Darwin.
In accordance with the principles of workplace diversity, work health and safety, participative work practices, Australian Public Service (APS) values and APS Employment Principles, the Counsellor will:
1. Provision of high quality clinical services including initial intake, assessment and referral, evidence-based individual, couple and family counselling, and case management to eligible Open Arms clients in order to achieve outcomes identified in care planning processes.
2. Contribution to the development and delivery of Open Arms group programs as required.
3. Maintaining clinical records according to Open Arms standards, collating and analysing data from client records, and preparing reports as required to assist in evaluating and improving service delivery.
4. Facilitating the delivery of Open Arms counselling and other programs to veterans, ADF personnel and their families in rural and outer metropolitan areas by;
Applying quality assurance principles and procedures to ensure the clinical practice, reporting and invoicing activities of outreach counsellors meet contractual requirements
Ensuring Open Arms contracted counsellors and other providers are accessing relevant services, resources and supports for Open Arms clients.
5. Liaising and forming partnerships with DVA, the ADF, other government departments, ex-service organisations, community health and welfare agencies, and all other organisations involved in meeting the identified needs of veteran and defence force communities and families.
6. Participation in and contribution to ongoing learning and development activities and maintenance of professional status.
7. Participation in community development and service promotion activities as required.
8. Participation in Open Arms program evaluation and research activities, contributing to project management activities that implement strategic directions and quality improvement recommendations, and provide feedback for ongoing development of clinical policies and procedures.
9. Applying the principles of cooperative and safe working practices consistent with APS Values and the Department's mission, vision, approach and values.
Mandatory clinical qualifications
- Qualifications must be that of a psychologist or accredited mental health social worker.
- Qualified psychologists must have current registration with the Australian Health Practitioners Registration Agency (AHPRA).
- Mental health accredited social workers must be registered with the Australian Association of Social Workers (AASW).
- Working with Children (WWC) and/or Vulnerable People Checks/Clearance must be obtained prior to commencing in the position.
- Both psychologists and mental health social workers must have extensive clinical and relevant management experience.
If you feel you are a suitable candidate submit your application by hitting "Apply for this job". Alternatively, you can call Jennifer Lynch 08 9217 0571/ email@example.com
- Up to AU$61 per hour
- Darwin, Northern Territory
- Muswellbrook, New South Wales
- Full Time
- Sydney CBD, New South Wales
- Up to AU$60 per hour + Superannuation