Our client, a large government department, requires a Counsellor to join on an initial 12-month contract, with potential for extension. This role will be based in Sydney CBD and pay approx. $65 per hour + Superannuation.
The Counsellor will deliver high quality clinical services including initial intake, assessment and referral, evidence-based individual, couple and family counselling, and case management to eligible clients to achieve outcomes identified in care planning processes.
- Contribution to the development and delivery of group programs
- Maintaining clinical records, collating and analysing data from client records, and preparing reports as required
- Liaising and forming partnerships other government departments
- Contribution to ongoing learning and development activities
- Participation in community development and service promotion activities
- Defence/Policing experience preferred but not essential
- Qualifications must be that of a psychologist or accredited mental health social worker
- Qualified psychologists must have current registration with the Australian Health Practitioners Registration Agency (AHPRA)
- Mental health accredited social workers must be registered with the Australian Association of Social Workers (AASW)
- Both psychologists and mental health social workers must have extensive clinical and relevant management experience
- Working with Children (WWCC) and/or Vulnerable People Checks/Clearance
Please note this is a Federal Government position, which requires the successful candidate to undergo Pre-Employment checks and hold Australian Citizenship.
If you are interested in this position and feel you meet the criteria, please submit your resume by clicking on the 'APPLY' button below.
- Up to AU$61 per hour
- Sydney CBD, New South Wales
- Up to AU$60 per hour + Superannuation