As one of the Australia's largest providers of human resources solutions, Chandler Macleod has a proven track record of unleashing potential in people and companies. For over 40 years Chandler Macleod's recruitment business has connected leading-edge projects and employers with outstanding business professionals.
Our Federal Government client is seeking to engage an APS6 Counsellor on a contract for 12 months with potential extension.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provision of high-quality clinical services including assessment and referral, evidence-based individual, couple and family counselling, and case management to eligible clients in order to achieve outcomes identified in care planning processes.
- Contribution to the development and delivery of programs as required.
- Maintaining clinical records according to department's standards, collating and analysing data from client records, and preparing reports as required to assist in evaluating and improving service delivery.
- Facilitating the delivery of counselling and other programs to veterans, ADF personnel and their families in rural and outer metropolitan areas by;
- applying quality assurance principles and procedures to ensure the clinical practice, reporting and invoicing activities of outreach counsellors meet contractual requirements
- ensuring contracted counsellors and other providers are accessing relevant services, resources and supports for clients.
- Liaising and forming partnerships with departments, the ADF, other government departments, ex-service organisations, community health and welfare agencies, and all other organisations involved in meeting the identified needs of veteran and defence force communities and families.
- Participation in and contribution to ongoing learning and development activities and maintenance of professional status.
- Participation in community development and service promotion activities as required.
- Participation in program evaluation and research activities, contributing to project management activities that implement strategic directions and quality improvement recommendations, and provide feedback for ongoing development of clinical policies and procedures.
- Applying the principles of cooperative and safe working practices consistent with APS Values and the Department's mission, vision, approach and values.
- Qualification as a registered Psychologist / Mental Health Occupational Therapist / Mental Health Registered Nurse with full AHPRA registration, OR
- Qualification as a Social Worker eligible for membership of the Australian Association Social Workers (AASW) and be eligible to apply for Mental Health accreditation. AND
- Working with Children (WWC) and/or Vulnerable People Checks/Clearance.
If you feel you are a suitable candidate submit your application by hitting "Apply for this job". Alternatively, you can call Tony Crymes on 02 6268 9716 or email Tony.Crymes@chandlermacleod.com for further discussion.