As one of the Australia's largest providers of human resources solutions, Chandler Macleod has a proven track record of unleashing potential in people and companies. For over 40 years Chandler Macleod's recruitment business has connected leading-edge projects and employers with outstanding business professionals.
Chandler Macleod are seeking Counsellors for a temporary 12-month assignment, with possibility to extend. This position is conveniently located in Elizabeth and on a Monday to Friday roster.
In accordance with the principles of workplace diversity, Work Health and Safety, participative work practices, APS values and APS Employment Principles the Counsellor will:
1. Provision of high-quality clinical services including assessment and referral, evidence based individual, couple and family counselling, and case management to eligible Open Arms clients in order to achieve outcomes identified in care planning processes.
2. Contribution to the development and delivery of Open Arms group programs as required.
3. Maintaining clinical records according to Open Arms standards, collating and analysing data from client records, and preparing reports as required to assist in evaluating and improving service delivery.
4. Facilitating the delivery of Open Arms counselling and other programs to veterans, ADF personnel and their families in rural and outer metropolitan areas by;
- applying quality assurance principles and procedures to ensure the clinical practice, reporting and invoicing activities of outreach counsellors meet contractual requirements
- ensuring Open Arms contracted counsellors and other providers are accessing relevant services, resources and supports for Open Arms clients.
- Liaising and forming partnerships with DVA, the ADF, other government departments, ex-service organisations, community health and welfare agencies, and all other organisations involved in meeting the identified needs of veteran and defence force communities and families.
- Participation in and contribution to ongoing learning and development activities and maintenance of professional status.
- Participation in community development and service promotion activities as required.
- Participation in Open Arms program evaluation and research activities, contributing to project management activities that implement strategic directions and quality improvement recommendations, and provide feedback for ongoing development of clinical policies and procedures.
- Applying the principles of cooperative and safe working practices consistent with APS Values and the Department's mission, vision, approach and values.
MANDATORY SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Qualifications must be that of an accredited health profession or social worker.
- Qualified health professionals must have current registration with the Australian Health Practitioners Registration Agency (AHPRA).
- Social workers must be registered with the Australian Association of Social Workers (AASW) and Mental Health accreditation.
- Preference is for mental health professionals including Clinical Psychologists, Psychologists, Mental Health Social Workers
- Working with Children (WWC) and/or Vulnerable People Checks/Clearance must be obtained prior to commencement.
Successful applicants will be required to complete a 1-page pitch up to 1000 words, covering the duty statement and selection criteria.
Please note: You must be an Australian Citizen to apply, as a background check will be conducted and you will need a footprint within Australia for 10 + years. The successful applicants will be contacted only.
If you have the skills required and you are available for an immediate start, please follow the "apply now" link below.
- AU$60.00 - AU$65.00 per hour