Our client AGL energy are seeking a Cloud Optimisation Consultant for a contract role. The incumbent will display behaviors which reflect and actively demonstrate alignment to the AGL Values of: Safe, Sustainable, Inclusive and Focused.
This role will be for an initial duration of six months with a potential to extend and will be based in Melbourne CBD.
The Cloud Optimisation Lead is accountable for the optimisation of all AGL's cloud platform services including IaaS, PaaS and associated technologies. They provide business and financial governance support across AGL's cloud spend and provide guidance on opportunities to improve business performance.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Identify and facilitate opportunities to optimise, reduce cost and plans to realise the cloud benefits/savings
- Build and maintain cloud usage visibility to proactively optimize workloads
- Provide proactive information, insights and optimization opportunities to enable Cloud Technology to provide advice to consumers of the services
- Provide summaries and detailed usage statistics for resources across public clouds, offering actionable intelligence to right-size and scale services efficiently
- Contribute to effective cost management in cloud service cost estimates, forecasts, tracking, optimization, and chargeback/showback
- Work closely with financial and billing teams on budget, forecast and expenses reports relating to hosting and other cloud costs
- Partner with technology leaders to build an environment for continuous improvement of cloud cost management/optimization aligned to business and technology requirement drivers, and industry thought leadership
- Escalation point in relation to cloud cost management queries
- Be a trusted advisor in recommending optimization improvements to maximise cloud investment
- Champion of Enterprise Technology processes and their implementation
- Demonstrate AGL Values: Act in the best interests of AGL at all times and collaboratively create the best overall results and decisions.
- Encourage and value the diversity in AGL's workforce, upholding AGL's inclusive workplace culture.
- Encourage the sharing of skills and experience and contribute to the success of the business at all levels, in a way that is vital and authentic.
Qualifications, key skills and experience required
Knowledge and application of Cloud Platforms, including but not exclusively:
- Cloud Architecture best practices
- DevOps and Site Reliability Engineering principles
- Key cloud concepts (tagging, power management, right sizing, templates, cost management)
- Azure PaaS services and containerization solutions
- Experience in managing public cloud billing and services including Azure, AWS, or GCP
- Strong commercial acumen skills to track, monitor and manage cloud costs
- Exceptional analytical skills to interpret data and provide insights
- Working knowledge of service/operational performance tools such as Splunk, Azure Monitor or Power BI
- Experience working with an outsourced IT vendor model
- Experience implementing automation and infrastructure-as-code solutions (e.g. Terraform, Azure DevOps, ARM templates, DSC, Ansible)
- Highly developed communication, influencing, presentation and reporting skills
- Advanced analytical problem solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to work flexibly and manage competing priorities efficiently and effectively
- Relevant qualifications in Information Technology and Management as well as Cloud
To submit your CV please click APPLY NOW and follow the prompts.