As one of the Australia's largest providers of human resources solutions, Chandler Macleod has a proven track record of unleashing potential in people and companies. For over 40 years Chandler Macleod's recruitment business has connected leading-edge projects and employers with outstanding business professionals.
Our Federal Government client is seeking to engage an EL1 Team Leader - Clinical Incident Management on a contract until June 2021.
A challenging and exciting opportunity currently exists for a talented individual with incident management and/or Clinical experience, to help shape the future directions of services within the client. Sitting within the Operations branch, we manage day to day Incidents involving the My Health Record including infrastructure, privacy, security and clinical risks. This role requires to provide management support to the Incident Governance and Quality Assurance functions in accordance with the Event and Incident Management Framework, with a strong focus on Clinical Safety and adherence to the client's Clinical Governance Framework. In addition, this position is responsible for driving continuous improvement and change management across Clinical risk, quality and safety functions. The multidisciplinary role entails the use of excellent analytical skills, problem solving and clinical judgment with an understanding of business needs of different areas within the client. This role includes a 24x7 on call roster component to provide emergency incident response and requires the understanding of technology and business functions.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Managing incident governance processes, including attendance at governance meetings and maintaining governance and audit documentation
- Ownership of the Incident Management Quality Assurance process for incidents with potential impact to clinical safety, liaising with internal and external stakeholders including clinical safety subject matter experts
- Chair technical bridge calls with external and stakeholders
- Undertake incident response activities involving containment, remediation and restoration or services
- Providing functional management of clinical incident processes
- Assist transition of incidents to Problem management
- Work collaboratively with the Clinical Risk, Quality, Safety and Functional Assurance Branch and other business areas across the client to embed clinical incident management within the context of broader incident response activities
- Review and improve the comprehensive procedural framework for the management of clinical incidents to ensure clinical risks are being identified and managed
- Initiate, produce, review and collate reports in relation to clinical incident management for internal and external audience
- Managing a small team of Clinical Incident coordinators and incident support staff
- Strategic delivery of continuous improvement initiatives,
- Reviewing and auditing the clinical incident management process with a focus on adherence to policies and legislation
- Provision of feedback to Clinical Incident Coordinators based on analysis of QA and KPI requirements
- Managing stakeholder expectations and delivery of incident management functions
- Experience of clinical incident management for digital health (desirable)
- Experience of the Australian health sector, in particular digital health
- Clinical background is highly desirable. A current clinical registration is will be advantageous.
- Understanding and experience in the principles, processes and application of clinical governance in a healthcare setting
- Understanding of service delivery, focused on incident management, including the management of teams working in complex professional environments.
- Excellent management, problem solving, communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Strong analysis experience with demonstrated Quality Assurance skills
- Prior experience providing secretariat and coordination functions for incident investigations in a multivendor environment
- Excellent coordination skills with proven experience in managing complex technical investigations
- Excellent ability to work effectively with clients, customers and other management personnel
- High degree of initiative, responsibility, reliability and proactive action.
The successful candidate will be required to have a Baseline clearance.
If you feel you are a suitable candidate submit your application by hitting "Apply for this job". Alternatively you can call Neville Smith on 02 6268 9916 or email Neville.email@example.com for further discussion.
- $80 per hour plus super
- SE Suburbs Melbourne, Victoria
- AU$200000 - AU$205000 per annum
- Full Time
- Full Time
- Full Time