Our client AGL Energy are looking for an experienced Channel Development Manager to join them on a contract role in Melbourne CBD for an initial duration of six months. The incumbent will display behaviours which reflect and actively demonstrate alignment to the AGL Values of: Care in every action, Integrity always, Better together, Deliver your best and Shape tomorrow.
Key purpose of this role (and team)
- This specialist / senior position is an integral member of the Strategy & Partnerships team, with accountability for supporting the Channel Partnerships strategy and wider business. This diverse role will lead all aspects of strategy, planning, forecasting and reporting as it relates to Channel & Partner development.
- You will be primarily responsible for proactively driving channel growth via new strategic partnership opportunities for immediate and long term realisation. developing and communicating channel and partnership plans aligned to customer strategy and delivery and execution of integrated sales and marketing plans across all channels.
- This a diverse and varied role that will have exposure to all aspects of Channels, Marketing, Product & Portfolio and Customer Strategy in a fun and fast paced environment.
- You will hold the Strategy & Partnerships team to account by supporting their adherence to process and by keeping score of the partnership portfolio and its impact to the business. You will build profitability models, own the in-market plans and ensure that we optimise the impact of the team's efforts.
- The Channel Development Manager is part of the Strategy & Partnerships team who are responsible for developing AGL's customer (residential, SME, MPR) distribution strategy and developing new business opportunities in line with that strategy.
- You will work cross-functionally to support AGL's customer market distribution strategy across multiple horizons, to meet the needs of the organisation now and into the future
Qualifications, key skills and experience required
- Business Acumen - develops goals and strategies to maximise commercial opportunities, whilst successfully matching organisational capabilities with customer demand.
- Ability to lead and influence X functional teams to deliver business outcomes
- Demonstrated success in being able to conceptualise complex commercial variables and be comfortable working with ambiguity.
- Strong effective management skills; able to motivate indirect teams, encourage, delegate and achieve objectives through people.
- Drive a process and results oriented approach to new channel development.
- Have an excellent understanding of the energy market and service industry channels, domestically and internationally.
- Outstanding presentation and influencing skills.
- Achievement oriented, well disciplined, task focussed with a strong sense of timeliness and an ability to develop those characteristics in others.
- Persistent, good listener, self-motivator and go getter.
- An excellent communicator, articulate and persuasive (highly developed people skills) who can engage across different stakeholder groups and multiple business units.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently, utilising project management skills/tools to deliver outcomes.
- Proven sales management experience, ideally within the energy or similar consumer services sector.
- Experience with people, relationship management and understanding of drivers and motivators of behaviour.
- Experience with building and managing channel relationships.
- Consistent track record of beginning to end entrepreneurial sales experience from business leads, business development and prospecting.
- Proven experience in developing new business models and channels to deliver growth and sustainable win-win outcomes.
- Experience across a number of different sales cycles (short, medium and long term).
To submit your CV please click APPLY NOW and follow the prompts.
IT & Digital
IT & Digital
IT & Digital
IT & Digital