Our client AGL energy are looking for an experienced Change Manager to join them on a contract role for an initial duration of six months with a potential to extend for longer. The incumbent will display behaviours that reflect and actively demonstrate alignment to the AGL Values of: Care in every action; Integrity always; Better together and Deliver your best.
Key purpose of this role
To plan and deliver tailored organisational change management activities across designated programs of work so that:
People are aware of the reason for and understand the impact of any changes on the business and their role.
People remain broadly supportive of planned changes.
The business impact of change is identified and mitigated with minimal disruption to business as usual activities.
People are oriented to changes and can perform their role effectively.
Changes are adopted and sustained so that business benefits can be realised
- Apply a structured approach to change management that aligns with AGL and platform practices.
- Apply a plan for managing change that clearly describes what is changing, why and when, who is impacted and how, and the suite of change management activities best suited to assist them to accept and adopt those changes.
- Establish effective relationships with sponsors and stakeholders so that feedback is encouraged, issues are understood and addressed, and stakeholders remain engaged with the program and broadly supportive of changes.
- Coach/assist stakeholders to communicate about and lead change within their teams.
- Work collaboratively with business leaders to assess levels of change readiness and guide change readiness activities.
- Be able to:
o Plan and deliver stakeholder engagement activities (including identification, assessment, and relationship development).
o Work with the Program Communications Lead to plan, develop and deliver formal communications around the program so that people are aware of and supportive of changes.
o Plan and deliver business impact assessment at both a high and more detailed level.
o Plan and deliver business change readiness assessments and transition plans.
o Plan and conduct training needs analysis.
- Contribute to the management and maintenance of the program change management assets, team sites and/or shared collaboration tools, ensuring that the content is up to date and reviewed on a regular basis to ensure currency.
- Continuously improve the approach to change management by evaluating what is working and adjust as required.
- Identify program inter-dependencies and work with change managers on other programs to ensure consistency of approach (where possible) to the same audience.
- Be a key point of contact for impacted teams for any questions and enquiries.
You will have:
- Extensive demonstrable experience in organisational change management and communications, including a good track record delivering systems or technology related change.
- Possesses significant business transformation experience and able to provide evidence of their ability to produce collateral in support of major business transformations.
- Able to apply a structured change management approach/methodology; familiarity with PROSCI ADKAR preferred.
- Able to plan and deliver change management activities in both an Agile and Waterfall environments.
- Able to demonstrate highly advanced verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to provide ad-hoc coaching/mentoring to stakeholders to help them communicate and lead change in their teams.
- Able to plan and facilitate meetings, workshops, events and training sessions.
- Comfortable interacting with stakeholders at all levels, including Executives and General Managers.
- Able to engage effectively with a diverse set of views including those which may not be immediately supportive of change.
- Able to provide coaching and mentoring to stakeholders to help them communicate and lead change in their teams.
- Utilities industry experience will be highly regarded
To submit your CV please click APPLY NOW and follow the prompts.