As one of the Australia's largest providers of human resources solutions, Chandler Macleod has a proven track record of unleashing potential in people and companies. For over 40 years Chandler Macleod's recruitment business has connected leading-edge projects and employers with outstanding business professionals.
Our Federal Government client is seeking to engage a APS 3 CCS Helpdesk Operator on a contract for 12 months.
About the Role:
As an APS 3 CCS Helpdesk Operator, you will be responsible for answering incoming phone calls from child care services via the CCS Helpdesk phone line. During these calls you will assist child care services with:
- payment and policy queries
- enrolment and session report queries
- submission and processing queries
- and general enquiries
Good communication, analytical and problem-solving skills are essential and enable Helpdesk Operators to identify and resolve problems quickly and accurately. The successful applicants will thrive in a busy team environment, be able to learn new policy, procedures and IT systems quickly, work well under pressure, handle a high volume of work and take pride in delivering a consistently high quality of work.
The CCS Helpdesk responds to phone calls and emails from child care services needing help with their reporting and other legislative obligations.
The Helpdesk manages four external facing lines, including:
- CCS Helpdesk (for child care services)
- Child Care Finder (for families)
- CCS Tip Off (for families)
- Software Provider (for CCS Registered Software Providers)
Helpdesk operators assist child care services with:
- Payment and policy queries,
- Submission and processing enquiries of enrolment and session reports,
- General enquiries.
The Helpdesk manages CCS tip off information from the general public, families and services.
Skill and Experience
- Customer service (call centre experience is desired)
- Communicating effectively with stakeholders, verbally and in writing
- Quick to learn policy and legislative terminology
- Quick to learn new IT systems and databases
- Talking, thinking, and typing simultaneously
- Punctual (logged on and ready to take calls at rostered start time)
- Adheres to break times and does not use excessive respite breaks
- Polite and courteous
- Ability to take direction as set out by the management team
- Open to feedback
- Behaves in a professional manner including being conscious of surroundings
- Informs managers of any absences from work via 0439 581 994 as soon as practicable in order for contingency arrangements to be made. It is preferred that you call at least 30 minutes prior to your start time.
If you feel you are a suitable candidate submit your application by hitting "Apply for this job". Alternatively, you can call Caitlen Gasparre on 02 6268 9750 or email Caitlen.Gasparre@chandlermacleod.com for further discussion.