Chandler Macleod is currently seeking a qualified carpenter for our client based at the Prominent Hill mine site.
This is a FIFO role in a NIGHT SHIFT position commencing immediately.
You will be required to have a current Nationally accredited Police clearance to be considered for the role
Duties & responsibilities:
The position of Carpenter can include (but is not limited to) any of the duties listed below:
- Undertake carpentry repairs in accordance with work orders.
- Knowledge of residential construction and remodelling trades, practices, procedures, techniques, tools and equipment, materials, specifications, quality control, cost control, and safety.
- Proficient at the following tasks: stain-grade trim work, hang doors, drill and set door hardware, set windows, layout for stairs and common rafters, read blueprints, utilize appropriate math skills.
- To install equipment including but not limited to appliances in the township.
- Maintain plant integrity, involving breakdowns to ensure smooth operations.
- Mathematical skills and analytical skills necessary to do material estimates.
- To carry out such maintenance and inspection as per the agreed schedule.
- To record all such inspections and repairs in a manner as required by Management.
- To maintain minimum agreed parts stock levels and to store said parts in a safe and clean environment as nominated by Management.
- To perform all tasks in a timely fashion whilst complying with Safe Systems of Work.
- To report any safety hazards to the FM Supervisor.
- To wear PPE as per site policy.
- To carry out any other training or tasks as required by Management
Skills & Experience:
- Relevant Accredited Qualifications
- Police clearance required
- Current C Class drivers license
- Builders Licence Desirable
- Strong safety awareness and hazard consciousness
- Ability to safely operate equipment as per Managers instructions
- Previous experience as a Carpenter working across a range of areas including but not limited to remote locations, commercial construction sites and breakdown maintenance.
- Excellent grooming and personal presentation
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work unsupervised and show initiative
- Ability to work as part of the team
- Flexible approach to the tasks that need to be complete
- Willingness to work in various capacities as requested or directed by Management.
How to apply:
The successful candidate will enjoy competitive remuneration package and the opportunity to join one of South Australia's iconic organisations. If this sounds like the opportunity you've been waiting for click the 'APPLY' now button.