As one of the Australia's largest providers of human resources solutions, Chandler Macleod has a proven track record of unleashing potential in people and companies. For over 40 years Chandler Macleod's recruitment business has connected leading-edge projects and employers with outstanding engineering and technical professionals. Our clients span across a variety of Multi-Billion dollar projects and large Operations.
Chandler Macleod is working with a large mining company who currently have an employment opportunity for an experienced Capital Procurement Specialist, for a temporary position to start as soon as possible, located south of the river.
The purpose of this role is to work with and support the Project Managers for allocated projects across their sustaining and growth capital program for their Mining and Refining locations in Western Australia.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Maximise commercial advantage to the company by leading the development of effective sourcing and contracting strategies to ensure the efficient achievement of project goals.
- Minimise commercial risk through the implementation of robust contractual terms, while reducing the total cost of acquisition and ownership
- Execute and manage all market engagement such as Requests for Information (RFI), Requests for Proposal (RFP) to meet project goals (EH&S, schedule, quality and TCO) for assigned projects.
- Lead the negotiation process and contract administration of all elements of assigned projects
- Ensure the implementation of contracts, performance management and supplier relationship management for assigned projects.
- Lead the resolution of commercial issues associated with supplier performance at project level
- Provide guidance and leadership to projects to ensure strategies developed for sourcing packages within projects is aligned with the overall program, regional and global strategies
- Identify and execute opportunities for procurement cost reduction and supplier performance improvement
- A degree in Procurement, Supply Chain Management, Engineering, Business or equivalent in an Engineering or Construction related field is required.
- 5 years' experience in providing procurement and contract management services within capital projects in the Mining and Resources industry, large construction projects or similar.
- Good negotiation skills
- Strong relationship building skills
- Newcastle, New South Wales
- AU$38 - AU$46 per annum + super
- Darwin, Northern Territory