Do a job that truly matters. This is a unique opportunity to utilise your motivational skills to help others affected by disability change their lives for the better.
Business Support Officer sought for Disability focused organisation, go to work to make a difference every day!
The Business Support Officer will be the first point of contact for participants within the office and provide high quality professional, friendly and respectful management of telephone enquiries, reception duties and appointment processes.
With limited guidance, you will also be responsible for a broad range of duties ranging from:
- General administrative assistance to support day to day activities within the office.
- Diary management, telephone enquiries and feedback.
- You will work collaboratively with the team to support participants, ensuring they are informed and can access information to exercise their desired level of choice and control.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Front counter/reception support for the local office including participant enquiries and guidance in the self-help kiosks.
- Assist with research and reports as directed.
- Provide thorough information and effective support to internal and external stakeholders.
- Work under limited direction to provide administrative support to the regional trial site team.
- Management of email and appointments.
- Coordination of appointments with the use of Agency office facilities and ensure these facilities are neat and appropriately prepared for each participant.
- Undertake a range of data entry responsibilities.
- Receive and record complaints and other feedback in the Agency data base.
Skills and Personal Attributes
- Contemporary attitude to disability
- Positive contemporary attitudes to people with disability.
- Understanding and knowledge of disability and its impact on individuals.
- Experience with supporting people with a disability to maximise participation in community.
- Competency, or ability to develop competency, in consistently applying assessment tools to identify support needs.
- Competency with IT systems.
- Adaptable communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in building relationships both with internal and external stakeholders.
- Able to engage in negotiation if dealing with external providers.
- Ability to work within the team and adapt quickly to a changing environment.
- Ability to work closely with the participant and their carer/s.
- Commitment to achieving positive outcomes for scheme participants and the Scheme.
- Ability to respond to and prioritise competing and often urgent requests in a calm and efficient manner while also maintaining high work standards and accuracy.
- Ability to manage confidential and sensitive information.
- Ability to synthesise and analyse information and make decisions.
- Judgment and decision making within delegated limits in relation to accountability of funds and
It is highly desirable that applicants have an understanding of or lived experience in the field of disability.
Entry Level checks will be required for all successful candidates and dependent on the role the appropriate working with children and/or vulnerable people checks may need to be undertaken as per State Legislation.
If making a difference everyday appeals to you - please hit APPLY.
If you are already being represented by another agency you will not be able to be represented by Chandler Macleod, as unfortunately you can only be presented once.
- Coffs Harbour
- Attractive hourly rate
- Part Time
- Full Time
- AU$55 - AU$65 per hour + Super
- Full Time
- AU$50.00 - AU$55.00 per hour
- Kwinana, Western Australia
- Northern Territory
- AU$60 - AU$65 per hour + Super (10% )
- Full Time
- AU$70.00 - AU$80.00 per hour
- Western Australia